Wave your phone lights and dance at the Assemblies!

by days of future passed 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Actually, I thought the audience looked quite old? Only noticed 1 child near the end of the video.

• punkofnice
  • baldeagle
    baldeagle

“Magnum” you are right with your observations.

This religion is truly lame and embarrassing. I cannot wait for more craziness in the year 2018.

I think many of us will be very surprised at how much this religion will continue to morph in order to remain relevant and hang onto members.

• flipper
    flipper

Reminds me of the scene in the ten commandments movie with Charlton Heston of when he came back from the mountain with the tablets and the Israelites were all dancing around. Only with this video you have Bethelites, elders, and other allegedly " spiritual " men dancing around !

It's amazing. As others have stated - I do not recognize this religion as the same religion when I was a young boy in the 1960's. Are they sedating these people giving them freaking weird happy pills, or worse yet - Big Pharma's taken over the organization and they're all high on Valium or Vicotin ? WTF ?

I tell you- it's scary man. WT leaders might just lead these people dancing right off the cliff into their own deaths some day. And JW's will be smiling as they fall through the sky saying " I'm a sacrifice ! I'm a sacrifice ! " This is some scary shit really

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Watchtower is trying so hard to morph the religion into something completely different and ditch their past.
    I doubt it will succeed because of the internet, but they will try.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Wow.... just... wow. Gobsmacked....

PeteZaHut, Magnum, you nailed it. This is such “blasphemy” and hypocrisy to their previous beliefs and constipated practices.

When you think that just a few years ago, they were counselling couples against hugging during prayers or excessive hand-holding (thus being ‘distracting’ or even ‘stumbling’ to others) and taking away the focus from Jehovah (thus elevating themselves and perhaps being guilty of pride and/or displaying a lack of humility toward the dignity of theocratic worship, blah, blah, blah)... well!!!! The head spins.

And the song!!! “How does it make you FEEL?” !?!?!?!????!!!??? I mean, FEEL????? The religion which previously and pompously paraded their propagandist crap about NOT feeling and NOT being emotional - where they TAUGHT and EDUCATED (their words) their followers through “accurate knowledge” and “study” and not through sentiment, feeling, or emotionalism (something they sneered at when other religions did this!)

HYPOCRITES!

Vipers!

Backwards, self-righteous, smug, clueless, inept, bumbling, stumbling - idiots - blind leading the blind - blatant religious idiocy and hypocrisy - ridiculous attempt at relevancy - total awkwardness -

I am spluttering with sheer gobsmackedness at their attempts to become .... whatever the hell they’re attempting to become!

• millie210
    millie210

LOL at Flippers comment about the comparison to Moses coming down from the Mount. So true!

Funny how the leadership on the platform/stage dont seem to be participating or entirely comfortable with the dancing/waving.

Makes me wonder if this was a spontaneous audience directed action?

But upthread it was mentioned that some feel Bethelite guest speakers at events encouraged it. So who really knows?

Either way it speaks to the leadership losing control. A fragmenting is taking place. More emotion is being brought in to the mix to add to the total volume and help bulk up the content.

So the real question is why do they need to do this?

Whats internally wrong?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

The previous generation are like:

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I wonder if the jobos here in the UK would be allowed to do this wooden dancing? My guess.....NO!

• cobweb
    cobweb

Clearly we all share a view of how weird and wrong this is but was there a watchtower that clearly condemned this kind of evangelical type singing, clapping etc? A slam dunk quote from a publication saying how this type of emotion based singing is bad could be a handy thing to have, otherwise JW's would probably conveniently forget and say 'no this was always okay'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit