Wave your phone lights and dance at the Assemblies!

by days of future passed 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Love this thread. Magnum you said it, and Carla.

Wt will make it sound like it was started as a grassroots thing. I remember someone on this site saying that the clapping was started by a bethel representative. I found RedPillDevoter on Reddit saying the clapping at his/her convention was started by a Bethelite:

Still recovering from the initial shock of what I saw. It only gets worse. It was told to me that the person that started the rhythmic clapping was a bethel commission member that was oversearing our RC. I have no words... I'm only in just because all my family is. I need to find a way out. At least some of my relatives are waking up and start making questions.

I did not hear of it, or see it, in the Midwest yet, but Wt may know the Midwest is usually trailing behind a few years. Sometimes they seem to know what they are doing, and sometimes they do not know their head from their arse. I could see them trying it, and the midwesterners not following!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Growing-up in the 1980's, had I known that we would still be in ''this system''' of things in 2017!!!!

Had I known we would still be ''here'' in 2017, waving our mobile phone devices and dancing and clapping in the rows at an a$$embly. If I even hinted about this 30 years ago, I would have probably been hauled before 3 overweight elders into a back room and grilled about it.

Seeing people dancing in the stands at an a$$$embly in 2017, with their mobile phone devices, HAD I KNOWN!!!! A couple of decades ago. The whole things seems so surreal, WEIRD,, BIZARRO, hard to describe.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Wakanda, glad that some of your relatives are waking up; I wish some of mine would.

Beth Sarim: "The whole things seems so surreal, WEIRD,, BIZARRO, hard to describe." It does to me, too, and I agree with you about still being here in 2017 (might as well say 2018 now). I was a very active JW in the late 80's & early 90's. It was inconceivable then that "this system" would go beyond the year 2000. 2018 was not even in the picture.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I,JUST CAN'T PUT MY FINGER ON IT!!!!!!!

CANNOT the average JW who has invested decades into it, find it kind of BIZARRE!!!????? Here we are on 103 years past 1914 and people dancing in the rows with their hips swaying waving their mobile phones and happy clapping.

2018 in a few days here. People have been in the Borg since the 1960's, or even 1950's who are still drinking the koolaid(or would do it, without question) if told. I wonder if it's in the back of their questioning minds the contrast now, to even just 2 decades ago. Weird, beyond and past strange. Unbelievable.

That's just it. They have emotional ties to the Borg. Imagine believing something for all your life,, it's just inconceivable to not believe something anymore. That's just it, emotional investment. It's just tooooo traumatic to change your thinking after many, many decades for some people, I guess.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    13 minutes ago13 minutes ago

I,JUST CAN'T PUT MY FINGER ON IT!!!!!!!

CANNOT the average JW who has invested decades into it, find it kind of BIZARRE!

I sent the above you tube clip to an ultra JW and she wasn' even prepared to open it.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MAGNUM & BETH SARIM:

I totally agree with your posts and I said the same thing myself. All those dearly departed elderly Witnesses from the past must be turning in their graves because of what their religion has become.

I am glad I got out years ago.

I imagine it must be very distressing for any thinking JWs there who are seeing what is happening there. The religion has become what it has made fun of and what they supposedly despised.

You are absolutely right that they have become an emotionally driven clappy (or slap happy) group that can not even explain what the teachings are! I guess it doesn't matter. Just swing to the music and clap.🙄

• poppers
    poppers

That has so happified me.

• carla
    carla

poppers!

• Good JW
    Good JW

Well this kind of thing only feeds the JW conspiracy theorists inside the org that "the one true religion" has corruption within its ranks. Never forget the types who suspected that "apostates may be influencing the GB"; those people suggested that could be the reason why the Tuesday book study arrangement was discontinued.

"Stay strong brothers and sisters, remain seated while the Satanic wolves in sheep's clothing are dancing"

"Indeed, this corrupt dancing and clapping even within our organisation is more proof that the end is near!"

LOL

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I see a schism happening in the not too distant future ,maybe a " Reformed religion of Jehovah`s Witnesses" by the more conservative old school members of the sect.

I can`t imagine old timers of this religion will accept these modern trends lying down without causing some disruption in the organization.

It seems to me their has been too much radical changes in so short a time ,just a few years ,for many of the old guard to come to grips with in these changes that mirror tele-evangelists whom they once condemned .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit