Wave your phone lights and dance at the Assemblies!

by days of future passed 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

My sister sent me this youtube. In it are witnesses waving their phone lights and dancing in the aisles. Sorry if this vid has been posted before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k7iW-Zisgw

As I listened to the music, I was sure I've heard it before. Here it is, at least I think so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKKqLl_ZEEY

People "borrow" music from everywhere but how ironic that it is, that REM put out "losing my religion?"

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

OMG, this is just f%#%@ing NUTS, NUTSSSSZZZZ!!!!

• finallysomepride
  • cha ching
    cha ching

Crazy! I would love to be there and stare at my mom & still in sisters dancing! OMG! Crazy!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

How was that video less than 2 minutes? It felt like an eternity watching it. Wow.

I always told people that there wasn't anything really emotional to connect with in the cult. Looks like they found it. Formerly it was mostly fear and shame and doom and gloom. Now they've brought in repetitive but cheerful music for people to get wrapped up in and have people up dancing. Ugh.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

WHAT THE HELL???????

I DONT RECOGNISE THIS RELIGION ANYMORE!!!!!!

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

It remainds me about 'evangelicals' in Latin America....should've done thirty years ago, singing was extremely boring then....Mambo

• JRK
    JRK

It has a beat, you can dance to it; I'll give it a 69.

JK

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

There are several things that I see at play in this video:

• This isn't really about praising Jehovah....it's more about silly, repressed, gullible and childlike individuals finally being allowed to (or daring to) have fun.
    • The people in the religion these days aren't really concerned with facts and doctrine. They are more interested in the emotional aspect of having a dream or fantasy to cling to that distracts them from the realities of life.
    • They are grateful for anything that will break up the monotony of an otherwise dull and uninspiring program.
    • They are desperate to "feel" something and are forcing themselves to feel as if they are having a spiritual moment.
    • Others join in because they don't want to seem as if they aren't being spiritually moved as well, or that they aren't on board with this new trend.

I imagine the elderly and or disabled folks in attendance who weren't able to stand, felt a bit cut off and isolated from the festivities, when their view of the program was blocked by all those shimmying backsides. I think we're going to see more of this as this boring stodgy old white man's religion is primarily made up of people from non western lands.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It looks like they use the audience with the help of large monitors to show how happy JWS are.

Good old propaganda

Bring on Armageddon and destroy humanity, we will be standing strong and untouched.

Sell it folks, sell it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit