When did Cook, the new GB member, start claiming to be anointed, and what are the implications?

by jwfacts 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I think it's only fair to add that D.Splane did get a "distinction" for his piano grade 5, by the way.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Diogenesister.........I have PMd you.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The GB positions with the WTS/JWS organization is the most privileged and secure of all the positions composed wiih the WTS..

Bethel workers or even branch heads can be deposed of with little compensation .

There is no retirement pension for people who have worked many years with the WTS.

That and in review what would a person who had little redeemable skills outside if they were to be let go from the WTS

for example there is no Employment insurance for pole who worked at the WTS branches.

The GB positions are the most secure positions a man can get within the entire WTS. .

For example when the WTS closed down most of its operations in Brooklyn there were a lot of people handed their pink slips, some were brought back to Wakill but many were not.

...and there is the other situation which may of some relevance .......

https://img00.deviantart.net/a8f6/i/2014/035/c/a/brown_noser_by_eggmungus-d751wcn.jpg

• blondie
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The rat pack of the WTS (GB) need help to adjust or twist doctrines that have failed, consequences of 100 years of lying fear mongering bullshit

• waton
    waton
    I think it's only fair to add that D.Splane did get a "distinction" for his piano grade 5, by the way.DS

Yeah, tickling the ivory can win votes, but

Do not underestimate David Splane' s penchant, determination in doctrinal matters, it is equal to his musical, not amusing, sometimes deplorable results in the new song books. The GB is a diverse cast of characters, have lost contact, but we would appreciate valid Cook comments being cooked up.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Claiming to be anointed is 100% fraud or 100% self deluded. Any guy who is in top hierarchy of WT and who claims to be anointed is a total fraudster.

• carla
    carla

Do jw's ever do the math with the whole anointed thing? I tried to point out "Foxe's Book of Martyrs" as just an example to my jw and an elder but they didn't even understand what I was trying to say.

To an outsider the whole 'anointed' thing makes no sense from a protestant biblical point of view. Not to get into a whole biblical discussion but you do have the 'whosoever' thing going on just who does the whosoever leave out?

An interesting side note about the anointed is that when you tell a non jw about it they cannot seem to wrap their head around the fact the a jw would not even want to be in heaven, with their Lord, Jesus. They are more than content with their version of 'paradise earth'. Non jw's simply don't understand this entire concept.

• Chook
    Chook

I would bet my last dollar that a male publishers climb through the ranks would be hindered if they professed heavenly class before being a ms or elder. There is only one good thing about the higher ups in the org is that they seem to be exempt from knocking on my door and anyone else’s Saturday mornings. Mr Cook can rot in hell for he would now be aware of the non Holy Spirit family destroying decisions that take place on a regular basis at the upper echelons of this cult, he is now a sharer of their sins.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I truly believe it is just as the opening post suggests: a GB member starts saying how "they" feel that their helper is anointed and has great responsibility ahead of himself, so he starts partaking.

I believe that each GB member has, somewhere along the way, anguished over whether he is actually anointed or if it's all bullshit. I can tell you that I was a full-believing JW and I can only relate it to being appointed an elder.
    I never worried about attaining the title and actually liked it when I wasn't an elder. But I thought holy spirit was working through the elders and when they came to ask me to accept the assignment, I assumed it was Jehovah working through others. I went through that "Is it all bullshit" period, but not until much after my appointment. I gotta think it's much the same for "anointed."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit