When did Cook, the new GB member, start claiming to be anointed, and what are the implications?

by jwfacts 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• waton
    waton
    Any guy who is in top hierarchy of WT and who claims to be anointed is a total fraudster. EA:

The idea, that by drinking and eating while others do not, you will be made a future ruler of the universe is not only arrogant, it is a false hope, publicly expressed. None of the past wt leaders, and most partakers are qualified (if you accept bible standards) Only true martyrs, being executed, will rule with Christ. None in the wt hierarchy did. further:

If you think that by glad talking, supporting 1914, or 1919, when the slogan was "--Millions now living will never die", --embellishing such doctrines, as GB members do,-- qualifies you to be a future ruler of a universe that is governed by precise laws, not false guesses,

there is something wrong with you. get help.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I just want to say “Kudos” to all of us who immediately predicted that the “Helpers” would magically become the new GB members.

There are no words....

DD

• blondie
    blondie

The thing is that prior to 1932 and finally in 1935, the WTS felt that all baptized members were anointed, so that was not an issue. After that was when it became one. There really was no WT governing body until 1971 or so. Before then the 7 members on the WT board of directors functioned as such. But even before then Hayden Covington (then of the other sheep) was suggested for the board of directors until the WTS realized he had to be anointed, so he was taken off and replaced by Lyman Swingle. Covington later received "the call." The articles about the lives of these men mention baptism dates but I wonder if it is any of their biographies.?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayden_C._Covington

Until 1971 those of the Governing Body were still identified with the seven members of the board of directors of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. The Society’s president carried the main load of responsibility for making decisions affecting the operation of the Society’s branches throughout the world. But epoch-making talks were delivered at the annual meeting held on October 1, 1971. The Society’s president spoke on the subject “Bringing the Holy Place Into Right Condition,” and the vice president on the topic “A Governing Body As Different From a Legal Corporation.” What difference is there between the Governing Body and the legal corporation?...

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1990204

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    Only true martyrs, being executed, will rule with Christ. -Waton

Really.! Good luck with your magic Kingdom!!!

Thanks I will get help. But I think you have misunderstood what I commented. I have said that all JW anointed are either self deluded or frauds. And your reply to that is totally confusing.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Ever Apostate Waton wasnt saying that its all true, but that according to the bible one would have to be a martyr to rule with Christ. That is all.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

The really scary thing.... tight pants really seems to be high on the idea that he really is annointed.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Thank you Diogenesister. Truly Appreciate your politeness.

• waton
    waton
    The Society’s president spoke on the subject “Bringing the Holy Place Into Right Condition,” and the vice president on the topic “A Governing Body As Different From a Legal Corporation.” What difference is there between the Governing Body and the legal corporation?...

B: Yeah, was that not the :dog wagging the tail theme? and

thanks DG for the help!

Thank you Diogenesister. Truly Appreciate your politeness. EA:

I was not talking about you, if that was your impression but those that partake with the view of ruling trillions of galaxies. Rev. 20 is the reference.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

do any other religions have a 144,000 skypilot class ?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

there is about as much elegance as Cooky being a member of the 144k , as you,me, Stalin, Mao,Pal Pot,Hitler,or any other degenerate through human history being one, Cook, dont be such a knob.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit