Why Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses Allowed To Freely Express Themselves?

by minimus 113 Replies latest jw friends

• scholar
    scholar

ozziepost

I can assure assure that no conversion or epiphany was experienced so PLEASE EXPLAIN. You state that other postersbut have degrees in religion or theological studies but I have seen no evidence of that being the case. Such a fact if true is not evident in any of the postings on this board.

scholar

BA MA Studies in Religion

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Scholar,

Such a fact if true is not evident in any of the postings on this board.

Please explain this comment. You seem to have forgotten that most of us read your exchange with Alleymom on this Board regarding the first fall of Jerusalem and related matters. She has scholarly credentials similar to your own if I remember correctly, but proved overwhelmingly superior in her understanding of theology, history and chronology than your good self, possibly because she did not need to seek a justification of WTS doctrine. You have made a rod for your own back that even Mr. Furuli has been sensible enough to avoid, avoiding a dogmatic justification of the "Oslo Chronology', otherwise known as the WTS chronology. Not very scholarly but very dissonant!

Best regards - HS

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Scholar, too bad they don't teach Common Sense in college or Humility 101. For your information my puffed up friend, I've got 2 college degrees too. One of them is in Psychology and buddy I gotta tell ya, you've got a few issues. You've got an elaborate denial system in place but then again, what good JW doesn't? And a superiority complex the GB would be proud of. I suggest you come down from your self erected pedestal and use the brain God gave you. There are people on this board who you and I can learn a lot from. So show them a little respect. And the fact that you have to put your titles down is so sad, do you think Jesus gives a damn what degrees you have? Do you remind God in prayer that you're a scholar or do you think the Almighty is just a tad smarter than you? - V Sky

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

amen VS lol

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

In a nutshell - because the Governing Body are control freaks and if JWs were allowed to think for themselves the GB would loose control

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Now if you freely express your self and how you truly feel about this or that concerning doctrine, and you have been baptized the elders or the dubs in general will admonish you to not go beyond what is written meaning really not beyond what is written by the GB. Also if you are a human being who attends in good standing (approved) associate you as you well know will be marked if you continue to have and of course share your own views on matters relating to doctrine. Oh isn't it fun being J-Dub.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Scholar(?) or whatever,

You embarrass all of the true graduates that do not boast or look for recognition.

Please use your vast intellect and look for the deeper things of GOD. If you truly HUMBLE yourself, you might find the satisfaction you hunger for. However you SHOULD already know this.

Happy dreams........................

Mr. KIM

• minimus
    minimus

Hillary Step and Mr. Kim kicks ass.

• scholar
    scholar

hilary_step

You claim that Alleymom had diminished my comments on chronology and that you THINK she has similar qualifications to my own. If this is the case then why does she not declare herself? You are entitled to believe in her so called superiority in her debate with me but I have not finished yet and no doubt these issues will resurface and we will see what happens. Rolf Furuli's new book as a piece of pure scholarship will at the very least cast considerable doubt on the validity of the Jonsson hypothesis.

scholar

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

wow.............. glue is sticky <drooling>

sorry yall just proving that any idiot(me) can post bs without backing it up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit