Why Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses Allowed To Freely Express Themselves?

by minimus 113 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

When I see Benny's scriptures in ( )......I think I'm reading a Watchtower.......Welcome Benny. I like the way you scripturally support things.

• scholar
    scholar

ozziepost

What do you claim to know? Do you want a copy of my graduation testamur, photograph or graduation program in the Great Hall at the illustrious University of Sydney, Australia's first university based on the principles of the oldest universities in the world namely Oxford and Cambridge'

scholar

BA Deakin MA Sydney BA Hons (cand)

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

As was already mentioned..it is all about control by the use of fear. If you speak your mind or be really honest about most things you will pay a price. Whether that be discipline, or even individuals in the KH whispering about you. JW's LOVE TO GOSSIP!!!!!!!! Gossip is a way to prove to others that one is superior over another, one is more spiritual etc. I am just glad we are out.

Leslie

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

As was already mentioned..it is all about control by the use of fear. If you speak your mind or be really honest about most things you will pay a price. Whether that be discipline, or even individuals in the KH whispering about you. JW's LOVE TO GOSSIP!!!!!!!! Gossip is a way to prove to others that one is superior over another, one is more spiritual etc. I am just glad we are out.

Leslie

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Jesus would many times ask his disciples,"What do you think?"After allowing them to express themselves freely,they would have a lively discussion as a follow up.

The SOCIETY does not imitate Jesus in this manner because they fear independent thinking which in turn could lead to loss of members and money.

Blueblades

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, Jesus asked questions to find out what people were thinking. But now, JW's are supposed to have all the answers. So, to encourage questioning things would be counter-productive as well as a sign of rebelliousness to a Witness.

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

JW's LOVE TO GOSSIP!!!!!!!! Gossip is a way to prove to others that one is superior over another, one is more spiritual etc.

I agree with Leslie. Knowledge is power and they freely express themselves when it comes to the demise of others. Instead of being saddened, they seem to revel as if they are above anything like that happening to them. Elder's wives are notorious for this, they can't seem to keep their mouths shut. Elders seem to have a hard time applying the counsel on 'confidentiality'. Very loving people imitating Christ.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Why aren't JW's allowed to freely express themselves???

Answer: It is called CONTROL. Can't ask questions or think for yourself. the WTB&TS will do the thinking for you. The WTB&TS takes away the free will that GOD gave to everybody. However, the Borg-Org is too full of shit pride to recognize this fact.

• minimus
    minimus

Mr. Kim------That last sentence was very profound.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Scholar,

Signing posts like this is being done for what reason?:

scholar

BA MA Studies in Religion

Does it add more weight? It's obvious that it will raise questions. Now you have "clarified" it to:

scholar

BA Deakin MA Sydney BA Hons (cand)

Struth mate! Deakin AND Sydney! Arts degree yes, but Religion Studies???? Huh?

I guess an Arts degree could have any number of majors. How about you just let your posts stand on their merit without an imprimator. Even the honours bit!

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit