Why Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses Allowed To Freely Express Themselves?

by minimus 113 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

When Ozziepost AND Hillary Step join forces together, all I can say is "Scholar, give it up!".

• scholar
    scholar

hilary_step

Where there is interpretation then faith is required as there is much abpot theology and biblical studies where our knowledge is less than perfect and no better example is chronology. One's faith should be directed to the big picture in biblical understanding and that prophecy. The Jonsson hypothesis has no room for prophecy for twentueth century Christians. Besides his evidence does not agree with the biblical evidence for 607.

scholar

• scholar
    scholar

ozziepost

All Witnesses are encouraged to ask questions and can find answers by means of the Index, local elders and a letter to the Society. If there is a contentious matter then one can write and leave the matter to dealt with .

scholar

• Benny Sikter
    Benny Sikter

Dear "scholar",

Last year I wrote many letters to the Society, both to Bethel in Brooklyn and here in Sweden where I live, concerning articles in The Watchtower who was not in harmony with The Scriptures. But no answers have ever being given me. Why? (See 1 Peter 3:15)

During this special time in my live I was a member, an elder, in the congregation. But when the brothers still kept me ignored, I disassocited from them. What is your opinion as a Jehovah's Witness? Did I do the wrong or right thing when I left the congregation?

Benny Sikter, Sweden

• minimus
    minimus

"Scholar", You're too much!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Scholar,

One thing I am sure of :

Where there is interpretation then faith is required as there is much abpot theology and biblical studies where our knowledge is less than perfect and no better example is chronology. One's faith should be directed to the big picture in biblical understanding and that prophecy. The Jonsson hypothesis has no room for prophecy for twentueth century Christians. Besides his evidence does not agree with the biblical evidence for 607.

You did NOT win your BA in religion with such frantic, frazzled thinking and given that you have time and again been shown that Jonsson's collation actually SUPPORTS the Bible accounts, my feeling is that you are trapped in a world of denial not unlike the one that imprisoned me for many years.

If God wants to kill most of the human race because they cannot find historical and archaeological evidence for the WTS present interpretation of end-times chronology, then he is about as selective in his judgements as any 9/11 terrorist. After all, who can deny that they have faith in their particular interpretation of prophetic passages in the Koran. Perhaps faith is an overated measuring line in these issues. Dangerous theological ground is beneath you.

Best regards - HS

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Scholar,

I've been away from the board for several hours and have just 'caught up' with this thread.

Your post made two statements:

Firstly,

All Witnesses are encouraged to ask questions and can find answers by means of the Index, local elders and a letter to the Society.

It needs to be understood that the 'questions' you refer to are not queries of Watchtower teachings, but are simply requests for information. Having said that, you're quite correct in saying that publishers are 'allowed' to write to Bethel. I wonder if you've ever done so? What type of reply did you get? Or perhaps you've seen a letter from Bethel, what was it like? I dare say it was simply a summary of what you could read in the publications. Isn't that so? I think so, for you see, I've had intimate knowledge of such letter-writing from Bethel.

Secondly,

If there is a contentious matter then one can write and leave the matter to dealt with

By "dealt with", of course you mean that the individual can write to Bethel seeking to have a decision made for them! So, scholar, you've just proved the point of the thread, that Dubs are NOT allowed to freely express themselves!!!!!!

Ozzie

• scholar
    scholar

ozziepost

I have written to the Society particularly the Writing Committee over a few issues and have received an appropriate response. If one has a contentious matter or something they disagree or wish to make a intellectual contribution then one should explain the matter fully, submit it and simply leave the matter with brothers at Bethel.

scholar

• scholar
    scholar

Benny Sikter

I cannot comment as to why your letters were not responded to by the Society unlesss thet believed you were not sincere in your enquiries. I believe that the Jehovah's Witnesses are the true religion and are used by God as his representative Church in the proclamation of the Gospel. I believe you were foolish in abandoned a faith in which you were dedicated to serve the Lord.

scholar

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    If one has a contentious matter or something they disagree or wish to make a intellectual contribution then one should explain the matter fully, submit it and simply leave the matter with brothers at Bethel.

And isn't that what Carl Olaf Jonsson did? And look what happened? It was NOT responded to, mainly because they didn't understand it. Then, the treatrment of this "loyal" JW caused his own crisis of conscience over serving, not God, but man.

I have written to the Society particularly the Writing Committee over a few issues and have received an appropriate response.

This is very interesting! You see, the normal WTS procedure here in Oz is for any letters to Crooklyn to be referred back to Denham Court for handling. The Service department there will compose a reply and it will be sent via the elders, keeping them informed of a person who is deviating. Our readers on the board should be in no doubt that this is yet another means of the Borg keeping tight control of the R&F. The letter of reply sent via the elders will result in the enquirer being marked, not in their "scriptural" sense, but the elders will be asked to keep an eye on this person.

So now, in your case, Scholar, did you receive a letter to you in Oz direct from Brooklyn/Patterson? That would be worth framing! Could you tell us the code letters found at the top of the letter?

Scholar, there are many inconsistencies in what you present of yourself e.g. a loyal dub who mixes with apostates? Also your writing style is of one who has English as a second language perhaps? And then there's the matter of the degrees!!

You are certainly an interesting character!

Ozzie (of the silent degrees class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit