Why Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses Allowed To Freely Express Themselves?

by minimus 113 Replies latest jw friends

• scholar
    scholar

hilary_step

You are entitled to believe that the Jonsson hypothesis supports the biblical accounts but I believe that the opposite is true and Ii have several reasons for saying this. Rolf Furuli has now published his Oslo chronology which completely destroys Jonsson's nonsense and upholds a biased and scholarly approach to traditional chronology. You must study it carefully and you will be most impressed with its objectivity and scholarship which contrasts with Jonsson;s deception.

scholar

• scholar
    scholar

ozziepost

No that is not what happened at all. Jonsson went ahead and made public his views when he was asked to keep the matter confidential until the brothers had looked at it.

scholar

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

But they wouldn't look at it!!!!!!!!!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Scholar,

Rolf Furuli has now published his Oslo chronology which completely destroys Jonsson's nonsense and upholds a biased and scholarly approach to traditional chronology. You must study it carefully and you will be most impressed with its objectivity and scholarship which contrasts with Jonsson;s deception.

Perhaps you meant to write 'unbaised'. Please read the thread on Freudian slips....

The joy of these Boards, as well as their danger, is that anybody can say anything they want, but they must expect to be called out if they do not provide evidence. We await evidence for your outlandish claim above, given that you were unable, or unwilling to attend to the points raised by Alleymom and AlanF in your most recent exchange with them that totally undermined, using the Bible, the WTS chronology which you so fanatically adhere to. If you recall, you eventually defaulted to the 'you have to have faith to understand' scenario - a clearly evasive maneuver

I suspect that you have yet to receive Furuli's book, let alone have digested its contents. Like Ozzie, I am smelling a rat here, something does not add up with your tale.

Best regards - HS

• blondie
    blondie

Perhaps scholar is Rolf

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Scholar,

No that is not what happened at all. Jonsson went ahead and made public his views when he was asked to keep the matter confidential until the brothers had looked at it.

So what!

Though he did wait for a long time for the WTS to attend to this issue, why should he have had to wait at all! You have claimed in the past that the WTS allows for freedom of thought and expression and then give us all a perfect example of how nonsensical your own position is. The JW's have freedom of thought and expression only when they are allowed by the WTS to exercise them and not one minute before then.

If the Jehovah's Witnesses try to exercise freedom of expression and thought they are quickly silenced, especially but not exclusively, over issues of doctrine. Remember your Masters told you that even harboring private thoughts about the Bible that do not correspond with WTS teachings is a display weak faith.

Scholar, you are going to have to do better than this.

Best regards - HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Blondie,

Perhaps scholar is Rolf

Rolf Harris you mean? Maybe so...

HS

• jgnat
    jgnat

If the WTBTS was really interested in permitting free expression, there would be open-ended questions in their studies, with _______________ (blank lines) where people can express their own thoughts. In Christendom's Churches, I am used to a passage of scripture to be read, followed by, "How do you think this applies to you, personally?______________________________________________(blank line)"

If the WTBTS was really interested in permitting free expression, they would have an e-mail address on their website, where anybody can send their questions and concerns. Every large corporation with a web presence has a way for browsers to contact them directly without requiring the full name and address of the inquirer.

• Benny Sikter
    Benny Sikter

Dear Scholar, I promise you I was sincere in my enquiries! The brothers at Bethel here in Sweden were thankful to me cause my regularily writings helped them in their translation work (english to swedish) in a temporary period of unqualified translators. You might contact Sweden Bethel to check this my statement. I also called Bethel brothers when I wrote my disassociation letter. They just thought I was psychical sick and ordained me to take medicine. But I wasn't sick! Furthermore, they couldn't believe my decision to leave the congregation and said: "We know that you love The Truth!" In that very second we laughed together. But I stood firm. Basically I was very disappointed and felt much sorrow to their unchristian behaviour in ignoring my questions (not my translation work they really appreciated) regarding articles in The Watchtower. Don't think for a second I have abandoned my holy faith in and my firmly dedication to JEHOVAH GOD! But I can't stand with brothers who don't care of my spiritually needs. (See Matthew 5:3 18:6) Love

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Rolf Harris you mean?

Now that I could understand! Both bring a bizarre quality to their offerings and both are typically unAustralian.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit