Why Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses Allowed To Freely Express Themselves?

by minimus 113 Replies latest jw friends

• window man
    window man

scholar being self rightous&and a smart ass you have me convinced you are a dub

your in the right group ALL of us here are free are you all knowing one

from a simple servant of God

• scholar
    scholar

ozziepost

An Art's degree has a minimum requirement of one major but in fact my undergraduate degree consisting of 24 Units is made up of two majors which are Philosophy and Religious Studies. The Honours program involves studies in Philosophy of Religion or Philosophical Theology.

The reason why I post my academic credentials is to prove that I am a scholar and makes my postings credible particular when there are so many controversial topics commented on this board. Otherwise if such credentials such people would think that my posts are that of a brainwashed Witness apologist.

scholar BA MA Studies in Religion

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Dear Scholar,

Many people on this board have degrees, most of us do not feel the need to post it. It really does not give anyone more credibility because they have had the privilege to go to school. As you know most JW's were never encouraged to further their education. Most of us that have degrees achieved this after leaving this controlling religion.

As far as you being a JW I can not answer that nor do I care. You are welcome here just like everyone else is. Your experiences as a JW seem to be from another planet. I would hope that the JW's you have run into in your life behave as you have described. As a member of a JW family that has roots all the way back to Russell I find this hard to believe. But one can hope that you were fortunate enough in life to run into sincere and caring human beings.

Leslie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Scholar,

You said:

Otherwise if such credentials such people would think that my posts are that of a brainwashed Witness apologist.

But in January you said:

The only connection that I have to Rolf Furuli is that we share the same beliefs namely as active Witnesses.

What happened these past nine months? Did you have a conversion? Maybe an epiphany?

Do you recall Marvin Shilmer's advice to you?

If you have something to say then say it. Educated readers will decide intelligence.

Do you know that there are posters here who have religious studies backgrounds, even theological degrees? I know of some ministers of religion who have posted here. They haven't felt the need to boast.

Ozzie

• minimus
    minimus

Scholar is very unscholarly. But he makes a great Witness!

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    All organizations prescribe order and discipline as a vital constituent of their organism.

Not really. I worked for forty+ years in corporate and while they wanted things to go smoothly on the job, they didn't give a flying flip as to your religious, political or other personal beliefs. It is totally different among the witnesses. People have been df'd for simply asking questions or for disagreeing with an elder. Bring up the child abuse issue at the next Watchtower study and you will learn just how much these people value free expression.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

LeslieV,

I agree with you and what you have posted -----keep up the good work:

"Many people on this board have degrees, most of us do not feel the need to post it. It really does not give anyone more credibility because they have had the privilege to go to school. As you know most JW's were never encouraged to further their education. Most of us that have degrees achieved this after leaving this controlling religion."

Passing thoughts and observations

Some people enjoy boasting about this or that and this is how "they" replace the inadequacies in life with some sort of sexual gratification by bragging and always trying to say to the world, "look at me!" Such is the case of Scholar many people. Most wannabes lack any true experience in the real world. Something is lacking in their life. Or should I say, "lactating"?--(that should get someone thinking). So kick back and watch the lustful ones cry out for attention.

Mr. KIM

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Thank you Mr. Kim and I also agree with what you stated in your post. I also beleive that really intelligent individuals do not need to tell you that they are intelligent, unless they really do not feel that they are. JMO

Leslie

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

To everyone,

(The Devil is making me do this) All in fun and Love...................

I must apologize ahead of time as I cannot resist explaining the following:

Mr. Scholar signs his posts as:

scholar

BA MA Studies in Religion

______________________________________________________________________________________

Since I hold three different PHDs (piled higher and deeper), I should know why "scholar" signs his posts in the way in which he does.

the "BA" stands for : Basic Asshole.

The "MA" stands for: Master Asshole

So you see people, we have a "Scholar" with training in Master Assholing. Easy huh?

Laters,

Mr. KIM

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

The reason why JWs cannot freely express themselves is because of all of the don't talk rules in the JW culture. JWs live inside a totalitarian regime. If anyone wants to discuss problems, they become the problem for discussing it. In addition, the JWs know how to stifle meaningful dialogue by using their famous thought terminating cliches such as "wait on Jehovah", etc.

If you ever get a chance read the book entitled "The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse". It describes the spiritually abusive JW culture very well.

Jeff S.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit