Why Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses Allowed To Freely Express Themselves?

by minimus 113 Replies latest jw friends

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW
    All organizations prescribe order and discipline as a vital constituent of their organism.

He's quite right you know. But it's not only corporate organizations etc. that fit the bill. Name one cult that does not prescribe order and discipline in their ranks. David Koresh surely prescribed it as did Jim Jones etc. etc. etc.

• minimus
    minimus

Scholar, you must've been in a different religion from everyone on this board. Are you sure that you were a Jehovah's Witness? Were you an elder too? Are you really a scholar? ........If so, you've fooled me again.

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

you may be a scholar but a dubber you aint. you would have a month of weekends in the elder room being councled for even reading on this site. If I had to guess you are just tring to get a rise out of the rest of us. and I have my doubts about the MA AND BA sounds more like bs to me. If it is true dont you have a km or tower to study?

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

The bethel handbook put their own spin on an old expression. "There is the right way, the wrong way, and the bethel way". This is true, they even went so far as to suggest that you keep your opinions to yourself until you have been there at least 2 years. (In other words, you are not qualified to make any suggestions because they have considered every alternative, so just keep your mouth shut). They make a reference to 1 Cor 14:33. Quoting a scripture means you have to keep your mouth shut.

I had mentioned to my overseer in my department, that magazines were being sent out with illegible addresses on them. His attitude was: production, production, production. Meeting production numbers was more important than people receiving their magazines, and this was back when you had to pay. It's like lying on your field service report. It's all about counting hours. The hell with those hungering for spiritual truth. (Jehovah will see that they miraculously get this literature somehow). So I kept my mouth shut.

The zone overseers were making an inspection of the factory and saw what was going on and reamed the dept overseer. Why aren't Jehovah's Witnesses allowed to freely express themselves? Because it's not wise to do so.

• Benny Sikter
    Benny Sikter

Hi minimus!

Did Jesus Christ ever talk about "discipline and order"? No, he did not! His disciples were totally free to express their thoughts without being condemned or disfellowshipped by him. Jehovah's Witnesses do have very much to learn from the perfect example of Jesus. (See Matthew 11:28-30; Hebrew 12:2, 3; 1 Peter 2:21-23)

First, they should immediately stop disfellowshipping persons who don't agree with them in scriptural teachings. (See Romans 14:4)

They should also remember their own deep imperfectness and their lack of totally understanding The Truth about the very good purpose of JEHOVAH GOD with the human kind. (See Romans 3:23; 1 Corinthians 13:12)

Benny Sikter, Sweden

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Well Verginia its this way the JW's have some hard to swallow ideas and they know if you think too much on your own you will say no way Jose! This basicly is it in a nut shell, they want you afraid all the time that amagedon is going to destroy you and all you love unless you do what they say and be in dread all the time, Verginia it seems to be working for the most part.

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

BECAUSE THE WTS IS A CULT!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Scholar, you must've been in a different religion from everyone on this board. Are you sure that you were a Jehovah's Witness? Were you an elder too? Are you really a scholar?

G'day Mini,

This has been questioned before...at least by me and some others. Y'see, I'm in a position to know something of the bona fides of a "BA MA in Religion Studies" which I believe was claimed by the poster as being given by Sydney University.

Caveat emptor.

Cheers, OzzieVisit Smiley Central!

• minimus
    minimus

Scholar can't spell.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    If all Witnesses around the world really knew "the spirit of Jehovah", they would be allowed to freely express themselves without any fear to be judged by the elders.

Visit Smiley Central!

Welcome aboard, Benny. I think you'll fit in just fine.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit