Breaking up is Hard to Do......

by tyydyy 65 Replies latest social relationships

• Prisca
    Prisca

It's interesting to see some still clinging to the judgemental attitudes that we were taught in the borg.

Hmmm.... so once we leave the Borg we're expected to throw away all moral restraint?

I made the comments I made based on my own experiences with men, particularly as a woman who has been cheated on. I still don't think it was right of you to cheat on her unless you had made it clear to her that you weren't going to be monogamous with her.

Most women naturally expect monogamy from the guy they are with, unless it has been said otherwise.

I don't think you are a bad person Tim, just someone who made some bad decisions.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy
    Hmmm.... so once we leave the Borg we're expected to throw away all moral restraint?

Wasn't that written somewhere in the Exit Handbook for Jehovah's Witnesses? I could have sworn.......

I still don't think it was right

I do appreciate your perspective but I find it hard to look at this issue as completely black and white. I don't think relationships have rules like traffic laws. There are always extinuating circumstances.

Most women naturally expect monogamy from the guy they are with, unless it has been said otherwise.

You're right about that. But then most women expect the candy that says nonfat to be non fattening.

TimB

• Lutece
    Lutece

Just because women want something a lot of men can't seem to give doesn't mean women are stupid. I believe in casual relationships at times if both parties are aware of it at the beginning, but your nonfat joke wasn't warranted. That was mean Tim and I want you to take it back.

(Anne, seeing if she can get a brawl started somehow involving chocolate )

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

just tell the truth, you'll feel much better because you were honest.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

That was mean Tim and I want you to take it back.

Make me.

(Anne, seeing if she can get a brawl started somehow involving chocolate )

(Tim, more than willing to brawl with Anne in chocolate.....as long as it's non fat. )

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

doodle-v,

Thanks. That's exactly what I did. She has taken it badly. Complete with phone calls and nasty messages over and over. She seems to have moved past that stage now and we have spoken on the phone a couple of times.

Thanks to everyone for the advice on this. If nothing else it made me feel like I did all I could.

TimB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit