Breaking up is Hard to Do......

by tyydyy 65 Replies latest social relationships

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

In my experience, the kindest and most honest thing to do is to tell a lady it is over as soon as possible. This minimizes the heartache. The longer you drag it out, the more hurt will be caused.

My reasoning is as follows: the longer she is in a relationship with you, the more she is likely to fall moe deeply in love, and the greater the hurt when you end it. The sooner you end it, the less deep the love, and the less hurt. A situation where there is NO hurt is normally unavoidable; the key is too minimize her hurt.

Many here, none of whom I was in a relationship with...the one exception being an abusive poster here who merely played with my heart...., have accused me of being a bastard for the above view. I guess they want to make her deeply fall in love, and then dump her. IMHO, that makes them either sick or niave.

No woman that I was in a relationship with thinks I am a bastard...again, the one exception being the abusive poster here who merely played with my heart....most women that I have had a relationship with are still good friends. I take this as an indication that my approach is a good one.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Eew. You know what? Lady Lee is right. She has a right to know so she can get tested. Full disclosure, but don't use that as the reason.

• Maverick
    Maverick

The STD thing is important. Go get yourself tested and if the results are bad, then tell her. Don't delay! If she's as nuts for you as you say, she will need some time to get over you before she get into another relationship.Maverick

• Prisca
    Prisca

Y'know, before I read this thread I thought Tim was a cool guy. Now, after his admission of cheating on his current girlfriend, I'm not so sure.

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

I havent bothered to read whether anyone has said this or not .. but all you need is 3 simple words ..

"I AM GAY"

monk3y of the making things easier class

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I am out of the loop. I thought Tyydyy was married. . .

. . .oh and as far as the issue as hand. Tell her you cheated on her; better her hate you, than herself.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002
    Y'know, before I read this thread I thought Tim was a cool guy. Now, after his admission of cheating on his current girlfriend, I'm not so sure.

I'm with you on that one Prisca.

Any man (or woman) who can look someone they are in a relationship with in the eye for an extended period of time (weeks? months?) while repeatedly [edited] around on them is not someone to be trusted. Why should we or anyone else trust this person if they treat someone they are intimate with this way? Furthermore if that person can post their picture on the world wide web for the world to see... makes you question just how guilty they truly feel about it.

More importantly, posting that dirty laundry and flaunting it in front of an ex-wife is in extremely bad taste IMHO, but then again, what do I know about decency?

Funny that he can be honest with the entire world (maybe that makes him feel better), but not the person who cares for him and he has wronged.

Go figure.

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

What Robdar said. Your passive-aggressive approach is sickening. You should at least have the balls to let her know you want out. No need to explain about the cheating, just tell her the truth - that you are a complete asshole who really doesn't give a crap about her feelings - so "Goodbye." She may hurt for awhile, but pretty soon she will be happy you left.

Worldlygirl (of the recently-scorned-by-a-man-with-no-balls class)

• teejay
    teejay

>>>>>More importantly, posting that dirty laundry and flaunting it in front of an ex-wife is in extremely bad taste IMHO,

That definitely crossed my mind, too. Don't think I'd-a done it. Unless...

• sens
    sens

Monk3y...get real plz...lmao @ U

3 Sens 4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit