Breaking up is Hard to Do......

by tyydyy 65 Replies latest social relationships

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage
    have had some success with that approach but you can usually tell right away if a woman is open to that kind of thing. Some are and some aren't. Some seem to want to get to know you first and then progress to the thing that us guys really want.

So, if she cut off the sex would you run like the wind?

Here, I'll be honest. Tim, it's real hard for you not to look like a complete no good dog on this one.

Break it off. And yes, be upfront if you are only interested in the sex.

• Xena
    Xena

Ummmmm

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Beauty,

I'll have to admit that I am a dog from time to time. Mostly I'm a decent guy. In my universe I'm normal and ok. In someone else's perception I would seem callous and selfish and maybe they're right. If so, I would have to say that it would be the polar opposite of the man I was while a JW. It is possible I am that spring that has been sqeezed too hard and suddenly released. Thanks for you honest observation. I'll do my best to prevent suck situations in the future.

TimB

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! Woooof!

• Brummie
    Brummie

That was brought to you live from Xena's

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

LOL Busted! I'm watching Bethany sleep while Diane takes care of more important things.

• Brummie
    Brummie

After getting the whole story Tyy, I dont think you have been in the wrong, its just circumstance, she pounced on you very quickly, I guess we have to commend you for caring for her. some would have just got out of there without giving a toss about her feelings.

Brummie

• Makena1
    Makena1

Hey Tim - how's the golf swing? Haven't heard from you for a long time. Wish you well amigo!

Not sure how many people know Tim personally, but in my opinion, he is a sensitive, caring person. For a large majority of men out there, they would not even agonize a minute over what he is. I have never met one, but I have heard there are some women out there who when finding out that they have "competition" they work even harder to please. Not saying this is a good thing by the way.

Tim, whatever you do or say is going to hurt her - so my advice is to make yourself out to the jerk who is not ready for long term commitment, "I am not worthy yada yada yada".

Again, in my opinion, you know yourself well enough, and have enough self esteem that no matter how you portray yourself to the woman, it will not do any permanent damage to your phsyke. (sp?)

Then again, I have been in a monogamous relationship for almost 30 years, so what the hell do I know about casual relationships.

Buena suerte amigo,

Mak

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Mak,

I haven't seen my swing since I've seen you. A lot has changed since then. I'll bet my swing has too. :) I sure would like to find out though. Let me know if you're ever down this way again. I can't remember who won that day but I know I had a great time. Thank you for the character support. I could say the same about you though. Some people just seem to make such a postive impression on your psyche and you don't forget them simply because it is a pleasure to remember.

TimB

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Tim,

*cautiously pats his head* There boy, good dog.

It wasn't my intention to be too hard on you, but geez guy, you need to level with the woman. I know you are waiting for the "appropriate" time, but however you do it, you are going to be the bad guy, most likely.

Some women can handle the friends/sex/no ties thing and some just can't. She seems to be the later. And to be honest, the majority of women fall into the "just can't" catagory.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

I guess I didn't make it very clear but I did break up with her. Night before last. Then last night I went over and hung a couple of cieling fans for her and listened to just how wrong I was in my decision to "mess things up" She told me that she had been dating for 14 years and therefore had much more experience than me. She said that in her 14 years she had never been a part of a relationship with such closeness, companionship and compatability. I felt for her so I stayed and listened.

It's over.

Thank god!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit