by jgnat 226 Replies latest members private

• jgnat
    jgnat

HYPERGLOSSARY

of American English Hacker

THEOCRATESE

http://bookshelf.info/wordlists/e/eec/www/

apostate, apostasy

One who has rebelled against and abandoned the {true worship} of Jehovah. Sometimes apostates actively oppose true worship and attempt to influence others to do the same. <<Some apostates were trying to hand out leaflets at our {convention} last week.>> An act or particular case of apostate behavior is called apostasy. (2Th 2:3)

NOTE: Apostates are persons who were once among us, walking in the Truth, not merely outsiders who oppose it. They usually know our beliefs, terminology, and organizational ways quite well.

Apostates tend to seek out unwary Witnesses and engage them in dialogue. Often they were once fine people with an extensive {Truth} background. But they tend to be proud of their independent intellectual accomplishments. <<Based on several years of deep research, careful study, and profound meditation I have concluded blah blah blah ...>> They will claim support for their ideas from others who are supposedly pillars in the Truth. <<I know numerous people, including elders, who agree with me that blah blah blah ...>> They will flatter the listener while speaking condescendingly of Witnesses in general. <<I realize that most Witnesses wouldn't understand; but I realize that you are by no means average, but are truly open-minded.>> The speaker condescendingly suggests that most Witnesses are simple, unpretentious, and unsophisticated, but is implying that for the most part we are a bunch of dopes.

Willing association with true apostates, whether in person, by reading their literature, or engaging in electronic debate across the Internet, is itself apostate behavior, and therefore potentially a {disfellowshipping offense}, in addition to being extremely dangerous and outright stupid. It should be avoided entirely.

• jgnat
    jgnat

For a Farkelized music rendition of old JW favorites, see:
    http://www.leadadmin.com/farkel/da_farkel.htm

• jgnat
  • Big Tex
    Big Tex

I wish I could play music as well as Farkel.

But then I wish a lot of things as well!

• Gadget
    Gadget

bttt

• Simon
    Simon

Great topic and additional posts ... very useful !

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Jgnat: this thread is a keeper.

(who doesn't wear lipstick, honest),
    Ol' Rayzorblade

Excellent thread

• 68storm
    68storm

An amazing thread that should be pumped up often.

Great work Jgnat! I, being mainly a lurker, missed this until today. I am sure that many others on here have also missed it.

I have bookmarked it!

68storm

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Excellent post, JGNAT! Very concise, all-encompassing!

Terri

• AlanF
    AlanF

I didn't see this website mentioned, but a great deal of good information about the JWs can be had here:

http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/index2.htm

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit