Is it possible to decline preaching in the carts?

by Skepsis 63 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

Every moment spent participating in the religion sets you up as an example for others to join.

Come down with a series of illnesses. Just blurt out that you have it and then walk away.

• explosive diarrhea
    • pink eye
    • Tourette's
    • severe phobia of carts
    • menstrual disorders if you're a chick

I dare you to start a jw urban myth that the demons are possessing witnesses who work the carts.

• blondie
    blondie

I'd like to make an observation about

1) Official WTS requirements

2) Local BOE requirements

When it comes to the trolley carts, the local BOE sets certain terms though not required overall by the WTS, such as requiring that a brother be present at all times at the cart, never one sister or 2 sisters. It is hard to know what safety issues pertain to that area or if the local BOE feels a brother has to oversee it directly or perhaps that men might be more likely to approach if they see a man there.

I have learned over the last 60 years I have been in direct or indirect association with the WTS that some things are not written in stone for every congregation but that the BOE is given leeway to set "rules" to maintain order in their local congregation.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Getting back to your assertion that you can't stop pioneering and then stop as a ministerial servant back to back, let me tell you that I did it. Now, I did it way before learning TTATT, but I did it. I was burned out, took too much on too quickly and wanted a reset. I stopped pioneering and then a few months later stepped down as a MS. Nobody thought apostate, though any time that you step down people will look at you differently. It's just part of the loving organization that you're a part of. Glad to hear you're slowing down though. I missed this the first time around.

• Skepsis
    Skepsis

@dubstepped:

Well, it would have been too much at once. I will be doing less and preaching less. In fact, some of them spoke with me during last weeks because they're worried I'm going to lose some meetings for work and they need me to do talks and tasks in the congregation.

Don't know what will happen but I'm thinking in stepping down this year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit