Is it possible to decline preaching in the carts?

by Skepsis 63 Replies latest jw friends

• careful
    careful

If you're in the USA, you could grow a beard! Of course, that might be a problem with the family too.

But your comment is revealing on one point: back when those carts first appeared, it was only pioneers and other "highly privileged ones" who could work them. So now it's just about anyone???

• Giordano
    Giordano
    As some have said, the problem is I'm still a MS. For the moment I can't step down although already thinking about moving to another congregation this year and not accepting my appointment in the new congregation.

Don't think about it make the move ASAP. A move out of one congregation even out of the circuit is the best way to fade. Once you create the distance you can fade.

If the subject is brought up you say every thing is fine just having to work harder because you have more expenses to cover.

Or if you want to go 'Full Monty' bring up the pedophile problem........ tell them to research it for themselves because you don't want to talk about it at this time........it's just too upsetting. It has stumbled you.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Yes - just say you don't feel comfortable. That's all.

• Heaven
    Heaven

LOL @ tepidpoultry! Keep up the good work.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

when is a cart not a cart ?------answer--when its gone! you cant be a cart witness person without a cart--sooo

write a for sale sign--say---$10---tape it to the cart. go for a coffee break.

cart is now gone! no more cart witnessing.

job done!

• blondie
    blondie

You can say no to anything. It is volunteering right? I understood that this was only for the elite in the congregation...just turn in only 5 hours a month, you will be passed over by most BOEs.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Kick the cart over and throw the magazines in the street and then sit down and tell your companion, sorry I don't know what happen. I guarantee you they will never ask you again, hell they may excuse you from meeting attendance...

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Don't show up. Decline to transport yourself to the location of the cart.

Once the elders see you as irresponsible, they'll pick someone else to to cart-witness.

Bingo! This.

Even an MS can start demonstrating a lack of responsibility. It may even help you in the future when you start your fade.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Once I can decrease my participation, I'd like to never be there. Don't know how to do it. Any suggestion?

If that works and you decrease your participation, maybe the same tactic can work taken a step further. My suggestion is that patience is your ally. Don't get desperate. That is if you feel like fading without a lot of noise is what you feel is necessary.

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

I only did The cart bore once before waking up. It was not fun and a lot of work prepping and tearing down. Our cong used 2 carts and a table as well as a monitor with videos. The only ones who stopped were kids as they were intrigued by the cartoons, but only because they were cartoons. It was wasted time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit