Is it possible to decline preaching in the carts?

by Skepsis 63 Replies latest jw friends

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

@James Mixon

The man does need to know that he will be

invoiced

:(

• Listener
    Listener

Bring a too up chair with you and explain that you need to sit for the duration.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I don't know where you live, but we have a line up of people that want to do Cart Witnessing. The line up is so long, and after that line there are Mormon's that want to take over that job. Then there's the Salvation Army. You can easily be replaced for that job in Canada.

Move to Canada

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Or,,,you could wear the same pair of underwear without washing them for 5 days. If they don't replace you by then, the person standing next to you will be quitting that assignment.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Fake a foot injury. Cart attendants don't sit.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Complain of having anxiety attacks. Nobody can disprove it. When on the cart one day, start breathing into a paper bag and say you're all sweaty.

Hey, that might work with the mini servant thing when the time comes! You wont have to give talks either!

Hope it goes well whatever you decide.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Skepsis - "Is it possible to decline preaching in the carts?"

Sure, easily.

Just keep approaching them and politely anti-witness to them.

Eventually, all the cart workers will feel so much anxiety at the prospect of being questioned by (clearly not mentally diseased) "apostates", they'll start looking for other ways of getting their time in (maybe posting as apologists on XJW forums, for example).

:smirk:

• John Free
    John Free

Get a full time Job- just like the elduhs, or fill your time with other commitments college etc...'sorry brothers I'd love to do it but just like you I'm working'

• Skepsis
    Skepsis

Thanks for your feedback on this.

I'm in Western Europe (not the UK nor Ireland) and here first it was a work reserved for pioneers but then more brothers were needed as pioneers realised it is a stupid job where no success at all and some turns were uncovered. In my congo there's also the problem of the few brothers that can speak fluently the language to be assigned and that we're a small congregation.

I have decided to start doing it once a month and in a couple of months saying I won't participate in the arrangement for personal reasons. If they insist, I can say I'm working full time during the week and I need time to go shopping and other things.

By the way, in my country there are congos allowing appointed men with bears and others that don't accept it. It all depends on the desires of the BoE.

• freddo
    freddo

@skepsis

By the way, in my country there are congos allowing appointed men with bears and others that don't accept it. It all depends on the desires of the BoE.

With bears??? Well, I suppose the farther a congo is from New York the more the local customs get through ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit