Jehovah's Witness Recovery is no more...

by TimeBandit 119 Replies latest jw friends

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

If there were valuable experiences and extensive research on specific subjects, the owners should have seriously considered transferring ownership or selling outright. The fact that they refused to even consider this option for the sakes of the thousands upon thousands if not the millions of ex members just goes to show their incredible selfishness and downright stupidity. Having designed, owned, maintained, and sold my own niche websites, I'm fully qualified to call them out. No excuses just plain and utter stupidity and lack of compassion for others.

• Mia T
    Mia T

OMG. This stinks! Just wondering if there was heat on the administrator of the sight to produce credentials, maybe precipiced by WTBTS over the name "JW Recovery". You never know how far their lawyers will go to shut us up. Last words are: "Or, contact a local therapist to set up an appointment to receive in-depth assistance." Folks, there's your sign.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

@Mia T -. First, welcome. Second, I think that as JWs we were told that we could (or should) control everything. So when something spins out in life it makes us feel out of control whether or not it was ours to affect. They create control freaks both because they held out unrealistic goals of perfection but also because they took control of us and made us look for control anywhere we could get it. Cults work black magic on the mind.

• thehotone4u2
    thehotone4u2

I noticed chat went down first, then an admin that I've never heard of came on and said he did it, and there will be more news to follow.

I'll take it over! I have no problem identifying myself to the governing body.

Perhaps there was a court order shutting down the site?

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Maybe we should resurrect the "interview with an apostate" template for the people coming in. I kind of liked that!

• Mia T
    Mia T

I noticed "chat" going down as well, just disappeared??? Freaky. But maybe there were threats? Who knows.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

To my knowledge there were no threats from the WT. Take off the tin foil hats there's no conspiracy here just a guy choosing to close his website. Let's see what response DS gets to the request to temporarily open up again.

• Mia T
    Mia T

Micky mouse, you take all the fun out of it.

Seriously, I think I really am hurt and just using my sense of humor to overcome this. Hope you understand.

And I didn't choose this meme. Waiting for a real pic to get approved.

• Giordano
    Giordano

A Hardy welcome to the refugees arriving by the minute.......... click on Users at the top of the page. Your probably going to be very familiar with a lot of those names.

Be reassured that the food and drink that is served here will be up to your standards.

Very pleased you will hopefully be able to go back to your site and collect as much information as you can. Also hope you will share the best parts with us.

Getting use to this site should be helpful. Keep in mind that after you post you have 30 minutes to edit your post, correct the spelling.......... even delete your entire post. After that it's locked down.

You can also click on an individuals image and read more of his posts or send that person a private email.

If you misspell a word you should see a red highlight........ left click on that and a correctly spelled word will pop up.......... right click and your good to go.

• JaneM
    JaneM

This comment is from Be Free:

Crushed and devastated as well. Hopefully we can have a day or two to capture some posts/contact information. Hopefully that would be enough time to PM each other with another way to stay in contact with such critical friends we have made over our recovery time. XxBe Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit