Jehovah's Witness Recovery is no more...

by TimeBandit 119 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Cool sounds like a plan. As a non member I regret never having had a look. But if member get to have a few days to use the archives and contacts that sounds like a good idea.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

JWR helped me immensely when I first left a decade ago. I loved the site and the people on it. JWR also made me aware of this site, where I burrowed a hole and made my home. Many, many thanks to JWR for all the support you gave me when I desperately needed it! Good night and Good luck!

• thereishope
    thereishope

This is from I Can See Clearly Now. UNBELIEVABLE!! I'm shocked and disappointed and feel so let down I can't even begin to tell you. I thought first of my feelings, then thought of the many others on the site who have joined in the last little while, and how they must be feeling and how it will affect them. I had just written on how I was starting to feel safe with the members, and now this! I can understand that they felt the need to close, but to go about it in this way - SHOCKING! Maybe it was an ex-ex-ex-ex apostate (don't know how that works) site all along, pulling the rug out from under us so we'd go running back to them. Yeah, I know that's nonsense, but just something that sprung to mind. Once again I placed my trust in people, and once again I've been dropped on my head! Okay, should I post this? I think I will.

• thereishope
    thereishope
    Someone just wrote about feeling disfellowshipped - that's it in a nutshell for me!
  • TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

Yes, it would be really good to be able to go back and copy my posts as JWR documented my hard times in dealing with leaving the witnesses. I hope they will re-open long enough for that...

TB-

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

A warm welcome to any who have come here from JW recovery. I hope you will find a home here and will feel comfortable sharing your story and become part of the group.

Lisa 🌹

• 2badsosad
    2badsosad

Well, just posting here cause I gotta say I'm in shock as well. Loosing JWR feels like loosing an appendage, or a best friend or something. Really don't know what to say honestly. Thanks to all those that kept it a float so long. I know it must have been hard work and can appreciate the need to move on as well. Special thanks to Designer Stubble & Rifter and others I just can't think of right now - you guys are heroes in my book. Whatever your reasons, no judgement on my part. I was away from the site for at least a month or more and definitely felt a changed vibe lately when I came back so I know something was going on. So I guess in hindsight I probably should have seen it coming. Maybe a good thing I was listening to a mindfulness lecture yesterday on the acceptance of impermanence in all things and to find happiness you must also be able to accept the letting go of all things you've come to hold dear. Holy Jebus maybe there is a God out there trying to tell me something (Lol). Anyway, I'm here on J-W.com with the same handle as I was on JWR. May take me a while to get oriented here or on some other sites.

• thehotone4u2
    thehotone4u2

I too am totally surprised that they closed down JWR without any warning whatsoever! Perhaps someone would be open to taking it over? The admins seemed overwhelmed and tired of it. Maybe that's the problem.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Welcome to the forum to all those folks who have migrated here from JWR.

We'll offer you our support and look forward to learning from you, too.

I was a member of JWS and felt lost when it closed, but I made my way here and have found a wealth of information and support.

I look forward to hearing from you all!

• Mia T
    Mia T

Here's the weird thing. As soon as I saw that JWR went "out of business", I thought it was my fault. What's up with this crap that every time something negative happens, I blame myself? So, then I found you folks discussing it and right after I thought to myself, this feels like getting disfellowshipped all over again, 30 years almost to day! Now I'm beginning to believe this is really my fault. Then, all kinds of crazy thoughts are racing through my head, reflecting on the news from this weekend, the "good by" posts (that should'a been a red flag yawl.) And I feel like what some others who have posted here today, that change doesn't come easy to many of us. I had started keeping a "manuscript" of some of my posts and so I really understand people who want to go back on the site, even if they can only access their own posts. These were like diary entries in the view of your strictest confidentes, open for non-judgmental feedback. This is my piece for now. Thank you Simon for keeping your site open.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit