Generally Speaking Do You Support The Police?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

KNEE HIGH:

You just said something VERY silly. My “perceptions” about crime are things that I have observed OR experienced.

You would have people believe everything is a figment of their imagination.

Never mind silly insults about believing the world is flat 🙄 ,comparisons to the JW religion and so-called ‘facts’..Again, I’m not buying any statistics about lower crime because it’s increased everywhere..Feel free to rail on and make accusations of ‘racism’ all you want. ..Listen, I know you’re angry and I’m sorry!

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

You just said facts don't matter. Your anecdotes can't erase data. Imagine if doctors or scientists thought like you. "Who cares what the data says. I don't need to wash my hands before surgery. None of my patients has gotten an infection."

• Simon
    Simon
    You assume i was on my phone at night. I wasn't.

Yeah, however could I have come to that assumption ...

I was stopped by police while standing in front of my own home once while talking on the phone ...
    ... though they did ask what i was doing in that area late at night

Seems like it was reasonable, no?

You sound like you would willingly allow the government to read your mail and listen to your conversations. They could even search your house without warrant, because you're not doing anything wrong so it's no big deal.

How on earth do you come to that conclusion? Is this the extent of your debate skills? Can't come up with an argument so you just blindly invent something and argue against that? You have no basis for putting words in my mouth that I haven't said.

I actually think behind-the-scene tech company surveillance and control combined with political influence is THE biggest threat to our society and democracy. I am certainly not for things being done in secret.

But that also doesn't mean I don't support the work of agencies like ICE. They have a job to do but the key thing is transparency - we want proper policing and we need to know what the policies are and have the right of complain. Otherwise we end up like China.

The police have no right to detain citizens just because of their skin color.

No, and they don't. I think you're in the wrong century.

Not only is it illegal, based on numerous court rulings, its also racist.

Well, yes, detaining someone simply for being black would definitely be racist. But that isn't what happens. The counter is that if you detain someone for a crime and they happen to be black, that doesn't mean their detention was racist.

You are capable of understanding that distinction I hope? It sounds like you might not.

Again white men are more likely to do random mass murders

Bzzzt. Fake news. Just because the media don't report the mass shootings by black men and re-report endlessly on white shooters, doesn't alter the stats. Black people kill more people.

White men also molest kids. Lets ban them from schools and boy scouts. Profiling is not cool. You can't stand for freedom and approve of profiling.

Do you want to explore the stats about how many kids are abused in white vs black households?

I recalls seeing the state that something like 50-60% of black girls are abused or raped by a black man before the age of 18. Is that a stat that you think is "ok" or comparable to white families? I don't, I think something is seriously fucked up and no one is helping those kids because some people would rather scream "racism" anytime anyone suggests there's a problem.

• Simon
    Simon

kneehighmiah: I'm not going to play "chase the bogus claim" with you.

It's a fact that black people are responsible for a disproportionate number of crimes both within their own community and preying on other ethnicities. This seems to be repeated within the US, Europe and other countries.

I really don't care if you want to accept it as an uncomfortable truth or not but it's true and there are endless stats to back it up. I don't know why it is, I don't know if it's cultural or genetic and related to IQ (which has correlation with crime), but it's a sad fact that the world has to try to deal with.

You get to argue a viewpoint but you don't get to insist that we accept your version of reality without coming up with compelling arguments why we are wrong.

Having a debate doesn't involve repeating nonsense or misinterpreting articles and imagining they back up some fanciful claim when they don't nor does it involve you arguing a point that no one has made or claiming you didn't say something you clearly did or randomly jumping to other issues as though the wattabout negates the point someone else has made.

If you want to play the game of grown-up discussion, learn how to play properly.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

No it’s been my experience there just crooks with the authority given to them by government to carry a gun and a badge. To many innocent people killed by cops including children to many people arrested detained and having their rights violated etc. to many people having their property and money stolen from them too.

The system is broken and needs to be fixed badly.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Yes particularly in America the criminal justice system is utterly broken.

• Simon
    Simon
    Yes particularly in America the criminal justice system is utterly broken.

There are certainly some failures, but "utterly broken"? What's the basis for that claim?

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Hey Simon how about some reading comprehension. The time i was stopped in front of my house and the time i was pulled over were separate occurences.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Ok Simon you obviously are a sad white man who hates black people. You absolutely refuse to believe facts and twist arguments. I've been detained 3x without ever comitting a crime. 88% of people stoppped by stop and frisk were innocent and had their time wasted. You refuse to believe that there is still racism and injustice. You think so little of black people that you can't believe we're nuanced enough to know the difference between reasonable policing and biased policing.

Now since you want to complain about black people do I need to remind you that white people have killed more people in the last few hundred years than anyone else? Greedy white men have almost tanked the financial system via fraud. White people led the largest organized crime organizations in the United States. White people committed the holocaust. White people call black people lazy while relying on slave labor. Black people died in every American war, even though white people wouldn't let them stay in the same barracks. White people stole land from the natives all over the Americas and in other parts of the world and killed them. Less than 70 years ago White men lynched black people and bombed churches and escaped prosecution. Europe was the theater for the most brutal wars in modern history. To me it sounds like white people are the scourge of the planet. But since I'm not a bigot like you, I don't live my life dwelling on it and being angry. Ive seen your old posts. You're a pathetic insecure man. Ironically in my experience the biggest racists are the least intelligent people. Thankfully most people I know personally are intelligent and i enjoy having friends of all races and cultures.

• minimus
    minimus

Knee, calling Simon a sad white man who hates black people because he disagrees with you is pretty lame. It sounds like any white person who disagrees with your take “hates black people”... that’s pretty awful in my humble opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit