Generally Speaking Do You Support The Police?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah
    So, the Police Dept. profile the suspect. They're looking for a guy who's approx. 5' 8 to 5' 10, medium build, with white, possibly pale skin, and a thick red beard (or heavy red 'shadow' if he's since shaved), and ginger hair. The police wouldn't be looking for black men or black women or Asian men or Asian women in this scenario, right?

It's already beem established that we were talking about racial profiling which is not only illegal but lazy

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

White men should not be allowed to own semi-automatic weapons since they almost exclusively are the demographic who commit mass shootings in America. Perhaps we also need to start pulling over more white male drivers and give them sobriety tests since a disproportionate amount of white males are arrested for DUI/DWI. Might save some lives.

Sarcasm

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    It's already beem established that we were talking about racial profiling which is not only illegal but lazy

What nonsense. Profiling is incredibly helpful. There is a reason why law enforcement agencies draw a profile of a suspect in crimes that are very hard to solve, such as when the FBI looks for a serial killer. Yes it is possible that a serial killer that has been raping and killing young college students could be a 65 year old eskimo woman. But chances are, it's not, and profiling helps law enforcement to not waste time.

There are certain behaviors that are largely associated with specific types of individuals. The issue is that when these types of individuals end up aligning with racial lines, we all get into a moral panic, because somehow we are all supposed to believe that all races behave exactly the same way.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

KNEEHIGH:

Yes, it’s sad about mass shootings, white serial killers and the deaths that occur.

Luckily, these things don’t happen everyday and everywhere. However, sadly, black crime and violence DOES happen every day and it’s getting worse from what I can see..It is under reported or hidden by liberal news media! You can deny this all you want.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Please come with facts to the discussion. United States violent crime rate has decreased by 51% since 1993. This article points out that public perception doesn't match the data as many people think crime is increasing.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/10/17/facts-about-crime-in-the-u-s/

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

KNEEHIGH:

Sorry, but I’m not buying the statistics you are quoting about ‘lower crime’ - and I’m also sorry about your hurt feelings in the matter.

I go by what I see in the world around me!

When the reality in the world around me changes - so will my opinion!

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

While violent crime is decreasing overall the number of public mass shootings is increasing rapidly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2019-09-01/mass-shooting-data-odessa-midland-increase%3f_amp=true

• cofty
    cofty

Fact 1 - Violent crime overall has reduced significantly in recent decades.

Fact 2 - A disproportionate amount of violent crime is committed by racial minorities.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

This is all factual.

Fact 1 - Violent crime overall has reduced significantly in recent decades.

Fact 2 - A disproportionate amount of violent crime is committed by racial minorities.
  • kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah
    There are certain behaviors that are largely associated with specific types of individuals. The issue is that when these types of individuals end up aligning with racial lines, we all get into a moral panic, because somehow we are all supposed to believe that all races behave exactly the same way.

And what might those behaviors be? It's sad people still hold these racist views in 2019 that have been repeatedly disproven for years. Are you trying to suggest some minority groups are naturally violent?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit