Generally Speaking Do You Support The Police?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    Simon when speed cameras in Victoria Australia have a 3km tolerance which is as thick as the needle on the dash it is nothing but thievery

Yeah, that sounds harsh and a money grab. But driving within the limit is always an option.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Rubby - I support the local police and athletes.

So, if a copper told you to take a running jump..................

Just my whimsical humour. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Hairy - I don’t blame you for wanting to stick to Canada - which is more civilized and has cleaner streets. Unfortunately, we have a lot of problems here in the US.

Amsterdam is nice too. I always wanted to visit NYC. But now that I know Spider-man is fictional, there seems no point.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Generally speaking I don’t give shit about the police, I’ve met so many bad ones, mostly traffic cops though. Funnily enough, I’ve had my residency raided by the state drug squad and they were all quite courteous at my house.

I was driving a sports car 15 or more years ago, got pulled up by a female cop who gets to my car window and says, “Daddy’s car is it?”... a disgracefully unprofessional way to address me I thought. My father was dead and I’d worked my arse off at manual labour in the hot Aussie sun for years to afford the car.

I do like Rage Against the Machines version of F*ck the Police

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Saying black people are genetically predisposed to violence and low IQ is flat out racist sir - no, Simon didn't actually say this. Please stop putting words in his mouth.

He pointed out that black people proportionately commit more crime, then wondered out aloud if genetics were involved. That's all.

And mean IQ varies according to ethnic group (just as mean percentage of fast-twitch muscle fibers, mean bone density, and mean percentage of melanin do). Different ethnic groups split many thousands of years ago and evolved mostly in isolation. Natural selection acts on different organs and body parts. All this may be an uncomfortable fact, but, sorry, it's a fact nonetheless.

This is an adult discussion. And adult discussions call for people of differing opinions to discuss difficult, sensitive topics.

• Simon
    Simon
    But now that I know Spider-man is fictional, there seems no point.

Whoa ... spoilers !!

Also, heretic - stone the unbeliever. Those movies are documentaries.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Dude got all bent out of shape and cried to reddit about you, Simon. lmao

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

I absolutely support the police. The number of bad actors is minuscule and the anti-police propaganda is ridiculous.

• Simon
    Simon
    Dude got all bent out of shape and cried to reddit about you, Simon. lmao

Yeah, typical of people like that - can't take part in a sensible discussion, doesn't know how to debate issues, isn't capable of being objective, takes everything personally, goes off and cries about it.

I'm sure he's still reading to try and catch me saying something he can twist to fit his narrative so: hey buddy, just remember - next time you see a cop or get pulled over, you'll be thinking of me, and how I'll be laughing at the thought of it. I'm in your head, bitch :)

• minimus
    minimus

Simon.... you funny.

• Simon
    Simon

Let's just hope he doesn't end up on "Cops", running down the street, shirtless.

That would be hilarious, erm, I mean "sad". Yeah. I meant sad.

Definitely hoping he doesn't flip out and get tasered. I would be hysterical with so much sadness.

Just the thought of it, and tears are rolling down my cheeks. So very, very sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit