I Got Another Telling Off On JWTalk

by pale.emperor 94 Replies latest members private

• Londo111
    Londo111

I wonder how many mentally in JWs get banned over there for saying just the wrong thing.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What the WTS is intentionally trying to confuse is the generation who saw the events starting 1914 forward.

Lets be openly loose about what defines a human living generation and say one human life span is no more than 100 years.

So that (this) generation in which the WTS proclaimed all throughout the entire 20th century would theoretically come to and end in 2014, so anyone born with that time frame of 100 years are included in that that generation.

The WTS leaders are intentionally twisting or undermining their previously held teaching for obvious reasons.

They essentially have to because in all reality 1914 was a false doctrine in itself which had no biblical support and was in fact apostate to Jesus's own teaching and instructions for preaching his Gospel.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Good question Londo. Probably a lot!

Their DF'ing rate is probably even higher than the one at the local KH.

• Fay Dehr
    Fay Dehr

Intriguing definition on the Cambridge online dictionary:

Generation

"the process of producing something that will create a profit"

(https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/generation)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good explanation of what constitutes a generation Fay

In other words the years starting from birth to young adulthood or age of reproduction.

"generation" in English

See all translations
    generation noun
    uk /ˌdʒen.əˈreɪ.ʃən/ us /ˌdʒen.əˈreɪ.ʃən/

generation noun (AGE GROUP)

B1 [ C, + sing/pl verb ] all the people of about the same age within a society or within a particular family:

The younger generation smokes less than their parents did.
    There were at least three generations - grandparents, parents and children - at the wedding.
    It's our duty to preserve the planet for future generations.
    This painting has been in the family for generations.

B2 [ C, + sing/pl verb ] a period of about 25 to 30 years, in which most human babies become adults and have their own children:

A generation ago, home computers were virtually unknown.
    first, second, third, etc. generation

used to describe the nationality of someone belonging to the first, second, third, etc. group of people of the same age in the family to have been born in that country:

She's a first-generation American (= she was born and raised in the US, but her parents were not).
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Dear God their faith is so fragile!

The bible is clear that there is one generation made up of TWO GROUPS! Really? Where does it say that? I really must know as it will become crystal clear for me!!

The idiot cannot even BEAR to write( you wrote) that the slave is wrong but states that the BIBLE IS WRONG and NOT IN HARMONY WITH OUR BELIEFS!! How dare it!!!

As for Bobbies daft example, he has to define what event these overlappers were ALL present FOR.

What....some random earthquake?

Because it can't be 1914..... No one alive saw that. It can't be armageddon...the FIRST lot are dead.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

@Londo- I was inactive when I went there. I was desperate to find somewhere in the cult to fit in. Trottigy, a mod there, agreed to let me in because they were going to encourage me to reactivate.

The entire time I was there those assholes made it clear where I stood as an inactive one. They pointed it out publicly and privately because my sincere posts were too edgy I guess. I went to some meetings, I just couldn't in good conscience peddle that crap door to door anymore.

Eventually the mods pointed out who I was publicly one too many times, devaluing my opinions on their ridiculously culty site that I could barely stand, and I ripped them all and was banned. It felt really good. There is a poem about worldly people, more specifically marrying someone worldly, that I read on my podcast This JW Life. It was so appealing in it's portrayal of a world man that I spoke up and at least one active member there (currently active), thanked me for standing up as she's married to a worldly man. Crazy that she's still on the site.

So yes, they drive away still in dubs. They weren't the last straw, an international convention was, but they were right before it. Not a person on there wouldn't blow Tight Pants Tony if given the chance. Some would do it twice just to one-up the others. That site is the cultiest.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    They say one generation made up of people whos lives overlap, but the people who ‘overlap’ NEVER SAW THE EVENT THAT DEFINED THE GENERATION.

exactly....in reality by explaining it that way, they are further going against what the teaching currently is.

What they are saying could be right, a group of people of different ages that saw a specific event, in this case, the events of 1914.

But like you said, that is exactly the issue, there are close to none of those folks anymore. They are all gone.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    ondered if perhaps an adjustment incorporating some of the explanation of who have a heavenly hope from very early in the societies modern day existence would come out, similar to how the explanation of who the Superior Authorities in Romans 13 were understood to be was clarified again in the early sixties.

Like the society had any other type of existence.....they'll be jabbering about KING DAVID'S Governing Body next!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

As appealing of just how much the WTS 's doctrines were such as ie. " millions now living will never die "

It offers concrete evidence to just how corrupt and apostate the WTS doctrines were and still are.

Selling false doctrines may have worked toward a small segment of the population but there were damaging consequences to those efforts which are still effecting people today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit