I Got Another Telling Off On JWTalk

by pale.emperor 94 Replies latest members private

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Supposedly, Jesus’ prophecy is a dual fulfillment.

So, why was there no “overlapping generation “ in the first century?

hmmm,

Hey wakemeup, “THAT generation “.. I know where you got that.

Kudos

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

There are just 2 ways the word generation is used in the gospels.

It either means

1. One set of parents to the next

Or

2. People then living

When preceded by the definite article "this", definition 2 invariably applies.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@lasmanstanding Did you teach me that?! If it was you who raised that interesting point on the forum several months ago, I owe you all due credit.

• blownaway
    blownaway

They are total douche nozzles. The explanation is total bull shit. They are While E. Coyote with back against a wall and they threw on the Acme escape hole.

• Ding
    Ding

Freddy Franz would only be welcome on JWTalk if he didn't say what he really believed.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Really amazing how poor the "reasoning" is. What they've done is swap the meaning of "contemporary" with "generation" when these are two different things. For instance, I was a contemporary of Pablo Picasso (we were both alive in the early 70s). However, we were certainly not of the same generation. . . I was three years old when he died at age 91!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

wondered if perhaps an adjustment incorporating some of the explanation of who have a heavenly hope from very early in the societies modern day existence would come out, similar to how the explanation of who the Superior Authorities in Romans 13 were understood to be was clarified again in the early sixties.

I wonder if anyone got the subtle reference to a major flip-flop? Probably not. FedUp AKA Chuck.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

My last membership on JW Talk was banned shortly after I put up a link to Ray Stevens song "I'm My Own Grandpa." on a generations thread.

• blownaway
    blownaway

Is there any other group or person other then the dubbers who put this definition to generation? I did a quick check and can not find any

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit