My Mothers Ultimate Rejection

by What Now? 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Just wanted to say I am so saddened to read this.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yep, the "religion of love" strikes again.

• carla
    carla

I'm sorry you are being emotionally abused by your mother and her cult.

Why do you allow your children around this toxic person? Please protect your children from such emotional abuse. As you know they will carry any emotional, physical and spiritual abuse with them their entire life.

• Moster
    Moster

"The kids have not seen or spoken to my mother or sisters......"

It is possible that by the time she becomes sick or dying the grandchildren wont want to see her even as she requests or 'allows' them to.

So sad - hugs to you. Nothing hurts us like family.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

This is so sad. She's so indoctrinated. See what this cult does!!

My heart goes out to you.

Im in a similar situation in that my mother tells people im dead. Her non JW acquaintances literally think i died. That's messed up right? I had to take the action of disowning myself from the family and i've been A LOT happier since doing that because it means i can move on.

Hugs to you xx

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

I am really sorry for what you are going through. It's so disgusting what this cult does to people.

• Half banana
    Half banana

What Now? so sorry to hear of your mother's heartless rejection of you. It is so inhuman, so lacking in the natural feeling for family ties that it has to be the mark of a deranged cult at work.

It's no real help to attempt to put the situation of you and your mother into words but be sure that you have friends here who at the very least do understand how tough it is for you.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

What now?

I can't quite read all of it. But I could read the "of sound mind" " two daughters" and "just to be on the safe side".

I take it this isn't being written in the presence of her solicitor. It looks too amateurish for that. However the grandiose writing style is reminiscent of quite a few narcissists I know, I also think this unsolicited 'outburst' comes across as rarther passive aggressive.

All in all, I get the idea of a woman who is angry she cannot *control*you - a daughter who is not towing the line.

Nope, not the slightest bit Christianity or love in that little exercise in adult tantrum-ing.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

What now? I am so sorry your birth mother is putting you through such emotional pain. Heartless.

Has she ever seemed a bit radical or non-conformist to you? Does she not get along with her "worldly relatives"?

If you get along with the worldly ones, I would show them the letter you showed us. That letter is shockingly horrible. That letter is evidence what a controlling, manipulative religion your mother has joined... Unless she is the one that is manipulative and is trying to control you to punish you and get you to come back.

Narcissists, if they feel they have lost face, got disrespected, will turn on that person who they feel is responsible. Did your mom feel like she lost status at the Kingdom Hall among the congregation(s), when you quit coming?

If your mom was always a kind and gentle soul and wrote her last Will ignoring you, then she is a 100% blinders on full in JW..org zombie.

Whether she is an angry narcissist or a full on WT zombie, what she did is hateful.

Your little children don't need to be around either one of those types even though it is their grandmother. Respect runs both ways. Bad behavior never should be rewarded.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

It seems to me that anyone reading this after she's gone, will realize how coldblooded this Will is. Not a very nice thing to leave behind as ones last message to the world. In the end, by her own words, she will demonstrate what kind of persons she was and you will be vindicated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit