Elder Mentioning an "Apostate Problem"

by Simon Templar 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So you say your going to partake of the emblems this year are you ?

Well Brother Jameson would like to have a brief talk with you at the back of the Hall.

• DJS
    DJS

Thanks Steve2,

As I've said before, there is a reason Simon has you as one of the wardens. You do an excellent job. I am somewhat of a challenge, and I know my toes are routinely across the line. It's kinda sorta amazing you all haven't given me the boot already.

I've tried to change. Really, I have. I'm not bad; I'm just drawn that way.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

fink, thats hilarious .lmao

but seriously, how on earth is the members of any cong supposed to interpret such talk going on about people who think they are 'anointed' partaking , as being mentally unstable? everyone doing that will be suspect.

that , [fortunately] undermines anyone's claim of being a chosen one.

this can also make some Jws question where elders get off assuming such things. is it for them to judge?

and naturally, those ones who 'think' [suddenly] they are above everyone else, are going to have less and less friends, as I for one would avoid them like a plague.

now, in that particular cong mentioned , with the several 'women' claiming that, there will of course be quite a stir, and after all, there are no scriptures to back up that women are of the 144,000.

a hinge comeeth loose, lol

• steve2
    steve2
    Hey DJS, you flatter me. I am not a warden. I think you're also a tad harsh in the way you characterize yourself. I find myself in agreement with you more often than not.
  • atomant
    atomant

A sister l know had been taking the wine and unlevened bread for decades l think because she was hungry.Sadly for her shes now in a home with dimentia.Would be interesting to know how many jdubs visit her if any.l once asked her how she knew she was one of the annointed her reply was (oh l get sick and tired of people asking me that)l said apart from that how did you know?Her reply was (one day while she was praying a strange feeling came over her and she felt like a bolt of lightning went through me)oh l said well thats conclusive evidence isnt it?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Oh I agree with diogen, they will set up an official criteria and vet those claiming to be annointed.
  • John Free
    John Free

If only more than 144thou would partake lol...

Maybe partaking is the new protesting!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    The Borg is really going to have to do something here the way the number of partakers keeps ever increasing.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hmmm...so those that partake in the average cong are classed as "possibly mentally unstable"...

So what about those in Brooklyn that partake?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Hmmm...so those that partake in the average cong are classed as "possibly mentally unstable"...

So what about those in Brooklyn that partake?

Have you missed the monthly videos?

If you watch them, it will be obvious that at least some of those in Brooklyn are "mentally unstable".

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit