Elder Mentioning an "Apostate Problem"

by Simon Templar 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

I bumped into a Sister that I have known for at least 40 years or so. We were catching up. She and her husband have been in the truth for decades. Her husband was an Elder for most of those years. He is a good and reasonable person. Everyone liked him. The couple moved to a new area. She told me that he came with a good letter recommending him. He refused to be reappointed. He said his health wouldn't allow it. The Elders in the new Congo refuse to talk to him. One told her that her husband has no regard for "spiritual things". The couple have been in that new Congo now for 8-10 years, or something like that. He is completely ignored and almost "shunned" unless they want him to do something (less work for them) for them. I believe her, but find the behavior unbelievable, that they would ignore a brother for many years like this.

Anyhow, She told me that an Elder who she knows (I know him too) told her that in his circuit there is a Congregation where seven women partake of the emblems. Somehow the situation is considered either apostasy or borderline apostasy. Needless to say, I don't know the details, just what I was told. Now I understand that the CO is aware of it. I didn't know that partaking could constitute anything wrong. I guess that this is something new because of the growing numbers of partakers.

• coalize
    coalize
    If they begin to shun even those still in, they will face soon big troubles....
  • blondie
    blondie
    Perhaps those women who partake think the holy spirit operates them in a special way, revealing what the future is or what new meanings there are for scriptures. I knew one sister who thought that and they just ignored her...it would be hard to ignore 7 women in the same congregation.
  • steve2
    steve2

Clearly, based on their own annual worldwide reports in their Yearbooks, the number of "partakers" of the emblems has continued to increased for several successive years. In 2015, there were 1,056 more partakers than in 2014 (from 14,121 in 2014 to 15,177 in 2015).

I would surmise that the actual number taking the emblems is even higher because there has been the practise of elders not including in the count of partakers any individuals the elder's do not consider as being in good standing in the congregation.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    I bumped into a Sister that I have known for at least 40 years or so. We were catching up. She and her husband have been in the truth for decades
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

The Elders in the new Congo refuse to talk to him. One told her that her husband has no regard for "spiritual things".

That sounds about normal for these "loving" shepherds. My elderly father is the sole care-giver for my mother who is in very poor health now. The eldurrs in his congregation ignore them both now that they are not able to slave as hard as the eldurrs think good JDubya's should. Sick Richard Craniums!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I didn't know that partaking could constitute anything wrong.

First point of contention is that woman are deemed of lesser significant worthiness as anointed ones in the JW religion.

I'm slightly aware of this since my mother in law claims to be anointed.

Secondly, the WTS has come out and said that many partaking now days are mentally off balanced, hence the increase in the numbers who do partake and self recognizing themselves as anointed.

So when a group of woman partake in a single congregation, this obviously is going to raise a few eyebrows by the associated elders.

• DJS
    DJS

The have been shunning those still in for decades by a variety of measures, all of which have been supported directly or indirectly by the Dark Lords (marking, viewing those who miss a few meetings or have low hours in FS as 'weak' or 'bad association,' often failing to invite such ones to the reindeer games or other congregation functions, restricting 'privileges", etc.).

The elder wraiths are simply doing the will of their masters in Brooklyn. A lot of elders LOVE this kind of stuff; it gives them a reason for living and a feeling of importance. Now they get a chance to rid the congregation of evil, keeping it clean and white for the evil Sauromons in Mordor.

To all site members and posters. Please, please, please try to refrain from referring to the cult as the 'truth.' I don't even like ttatt. There is nothing truthful about this hate filled cult; it was formed on lies and it lives on by lies. I stopped using that term immediately after exiting the Dark Tower. I do not understand why so many of you continue to use it.

The sooner we stop using the loaded cult-like language which was designed to indoctrinate and program us, the quicker we can all move past it.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"...there is a Congregation where seven women partake of the emblems."

Perhaps they're a clique which do things together. Wouldn't it be nice if every congregation had such a group?

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    Dissent has always been a problem for the Christian Church and all its sub-brands.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit