Elder Mentioning an "Apostate Problem"

by Simon Templar 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

DJS

I'm not even a Witness and that felt like razor blades penetrating MY eyeballs.

• DJS
    DJS

NeverKnew,

Re: "I'm not even a Witness and that felt like razor blades penetrating MY eyeballs."

Thank you for the compliment.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

It is perceivable the CO would recognize a sharp increase in partakers as apostasy. Especially an increase of women partakers which are viewed as the lesser ones, for a lack of better words.

I wouldn't put it past the CO to set-up shepparding calls to weed-out the questionable partakers.

And over 1,000 increase in partakers since 2014. WOW

Probably has a lot of JWs confused.

• steve2
    steve2

DJS, your point is well made.

That said, the desire to expunge communication of certain words reflects (ahem!) something of an inverted cultic outlook.

Most posters on this forum get what you're saying and have modified their language accordingly.

Some take longer.

By insistently requesting posters not use specified words and/or phrases, you inadvertently increase the "power" of those words - pretty much like when parents become heavy-handed in response to their little ones using "bad" words.

Just ignoring the words or calmly using alternatives when responding can be helpful - rather than scalding posters.

• DJS
    DJS

steve2,

You are always so pleasant and kind. Me, eh, not so much. I did say please 3 times and try once. Give me a break. I have ignored them, for 2 1/2 years on this site. You play good cop; I will at times play bad cop.

Otherwise I will do what I usually do with your kind but misguided guidance. Ignore it.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Why do people from a cult become surprised when then the members of that cult behave like they are in a cult?
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander
    More gooey Christ-like "love", ala JW style. Can't you just feeeeel it?
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I genuinely think it is only a matter of time before the dark lords start insisting there ARE NO MORE anointed WITHOUT their getting the nod from the holy spirit first - ie when they want to promote someone etc which will, of necessity, rule out any women from partaking, period.

I also think that more witnesses are cottening-on to the unfair and unscriptural TWO TIER system of salvation Rutherford brought in and no longer a!low the governing busybodies to mediate instead of Christ for them.

• Gefangene
    Gefangene
    I'm waiting for the day when there will be more than 144001 partakers LOL
  • steve2
    steve2

DJS, Good cop/bad cop is okay, especially reversing roles every now and then.

The taking of advice is always up to the individual and I admire your directness.

That you have ignored the words "the truth" for 2 1/2 years speaks well for your patience and yes, you were polite in your earlier post.

I will grant your request and give you a break! .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit