Who Picks The Governing Body?

by millie210 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• millie210
    millie210
    OneEyedJoe
    The current GB appoints any new members. They're the very definition of self-appointed

So in that case...how do more liberal ones ever get appointed? Or more deep thinkers (I realize I am opening myself up for great puns here)

is i a case of "like" appointing like? If you are newly apponted and have an idea does a lack of seniority matter in any way?
  • millie210
    millie210
    Acts5v29
    Hello millie210,
    there is a constant eye on potentials - people who simply seem to be outstanding in some way - and they are quietly groomed without being told, although the news does tend to leak to them

Hi to you Acts, so in what way would they be outstanding?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's a boys club. Look at the weirdos on the GB.

If I had my conspiricy hat on, I'd say that they are all sexual predators and they 'employ' (appoint), the one most likely to supply them fodder for their perverted needs. New GB members are another fellow member in their 'ring' of a certain type of pervert.

Personally, I have given up worrying about this stuff. however, that said, the GB should be held to account for the deaths and agony they've caused.

• millie210
    millie210
    Skedaddle
    So, they have to be already saying they're anointed then?! Wow, very slim pickings... and only from crazy people who think they'll rule from the heavens. Kinda explains why they have seven dumbasses onboard!
    I wonder how many get to a position in New York and suddenly decide they are anointed...

Good question...are these newly annointed already GB helpers or are they related to someone with influence already?

When I say "with influence" I am thinking of someone like the Adams brothers...?

Divergent, are we looking at auditions when we see broadcasts from GB Helpers?

Divergent
    If one dies, the replacement would most likely be a Governing Body helper. Many "annointed" among these ones...

• millie210
    millie210

LOL at Orphans post!

actually I could use some of that about right now.............

• millie210
    millie210
    punkofnice
    It's a boys club. Look at the weirdos on the GB.
    If I had my conspiricy hat on, I'd say that they are all sexual predators and they 'employ' (appoint), the one most likely to supply them fodder for their perverted needs. New GB members are another fellow member in their 'ring' of a certain type of pervert.
    Personally, I have given up worrying about this stuff. however, that said, the GB should be held to account for the deaths and agony they've caused

I think you are right and with the tight parameters of membership in to the GB it functions a lot like politics....

that is what got me started thinking about this whole question actually...

Politics!

There doesnt seem to be much difference in religion and politics except politics is probably a cleaner sport.

(sarcasm intended)

Punk -I believe there is a germ of truth in what you are saying about sexual proclivities....................

I was thinking it was maybe one and the rest turn a blind eye.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    millie: LOL at Orphans post!
    actually I could use some of that about right now.............

Geez, Millie, I was like - I got this one! I got this one!

Hand waving in the air....

Besides, from what I have read about those Crooklyn Boys, The Holy Spirit burns inside them on a regular basis. They consume the 'firewater' liberally, so I have been told.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Who Picks The Governing Body?

.........................This Little Girl....................................................Damn Friggin OUTLAW!

.......She`s Picking Another One Right Now.................................NOBODY LAUGH!!..

...Image result for Child picking nose....Image result for JW.Org Broadcasting Anthony Morris

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

In the old days, without him knowing about it, they used to put a Bound Volume of the years Watchtowers under a stack of mattresses and have the potential candidate sleep on it (princess and the pea style). If he couldn't sleep that night, they knew he was GB material.

Nowadays with the CD's and all, I'm not sure how they go about it but I'm sure it's all very scientific.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Who picks the Governing Body?

They pick themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit