Who Picks The Governing Body?

by millie210 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• millie210
    millie210

Hey everyone,

Just a simple straight forward question on exactly what the process is. If a GB member died tomorrow, do the remaining ones choose who gets to be next?

I am guessing the whole thing is highly political but since they are such a rule and paperwork oriented bunch, I am assuming they have a procedure they follow?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    good question, wondering if any newbies are being considered ?
  • freddo
    freddo

Pretty much yes. Just like an elders meeting where they say "Billy's good but his wife's a fruitloop; how about Cecil?" "Yeah, he won't rock the boat - two thirds in favour? Aye!"

Except they don't have to ask the CO if it's OK!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    The current GB appoints any new members. They're the very definition of self-appointed.
  • Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Hello millie210,

there is a constant eye on potentials - people who simply seem to be outstanding in some way - and they are quietly groomed without being told, although the news does tend to leak to them.

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

So, they have to be already saying they're anointed then?! Wow, very slim pickings... and only from crazy people who think they'll rule from the heavens. Kinda explains why they have seven dumbasses onboard!

I wonder how many get to a position in New York and suddenly decide they are anointed...

• Divergent
    Divergent
    If one dies, the replacement would most likely be a Governing Body helper. Many "annointed" among these ones...
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Who picks the Governing Body?

Well, that's easy...that's da Holy Spirit's job

Image result for ohh deer cards

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

If one dies, the replacement would most likely be a Governing Body helper. Many "annointed" among these ones...

Oh really? No shaking heads of disgust for them then, no?!

• millie210
    millie210
    jookbeard
    good question, wondering if any newbies are being considered ?

I would imagine that answer is yes - given the age of some of them?

freddo
    Pretty much yes. Just like an elders meeting where they say "Billy's good but his wife's a fruitloop; how about Cecil?" "Yeah, he won't rock the boat - two thirds in favour? Aye!"
    Except they don't have to ask the CO if it's OK!

That would be funny (well it actually is very funny) if it werent the exact truth about how it really happens~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit