Are you ever surprised at who is attracted to whom here?

by berylblue 84 Replies latest jw friends

• berylblue
    berylblue

Then we have the "oil and vinegar" posters. For some reason, they are terminally irritated with the other.

I will only mention one half of an obvious combination ....XXXXXX and Minimus.

(Of course, with the way some get annoyed with Mini, that could be about half the posters here.)

Now, the woman of whom I'm thinking, I really love to death but for some reason, she can't stand Mini. I like Mini a great deal

It' s interesting.

The point about the lurkers? See, most of us are just so caught up in the fray that things might slip past us. However, be assured that someone out there knows....and is keeping a scorecard.

Would love someone like that to come forth and offer her/his opinions on the personalities here.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Yeah, like how Yerusalyim and m0nk3y are best buds! Or was it Yeru and Hamas? I forget....

• Joker10
  • minimus
    minimus

beryl, she can't stand mini because in reality, she isn't as bright as she thinks.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am attracted to rugged, hairy guys whose ears stick out. Go figure.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

what surprises me alot of times are the ones I just don't jell with. It is not usually a permanent thing--sometimes just for a post or two. But it is enough for me to not read or post sometimes. MY big surprise is how much KGB's opinion of me counts. Maybe he reminds me of someone? I don't know. But we talked things out in PM and are much better now thanks. But he had me crying a couple of times. No one else on here ever did that. Logan(Bradley) can just bite me about 75% of the time---but that does not mean I don't like him. And Ona lets me get him riled up when I don't even intend to---not sure why I can press his buttons either. Some of the women I feel bad about not agreeing with, I feel like I have hurt some feelings a couple of times and I hope I didn't. But honestly, I never have gotten on as well with females as with males...I grew up a daddy's girl and had older boys to play with, and well after puberty....lets just say the girls usually hated me. I do not have a relationship with my mother either, so I just don't have many female friends. More on this board than I have ever had before!

I really have a problem with Christianity and I hope that when I say things that are cutting and bitter I don't hurt people personally, I don't mean to. But some of you I just want to SHAKE! anyway....

it is trip being here isn't it?

Ravyn

PS out of posts so here are two cool links to some 1970's music that bring back childhood memories for me---enjoy!

http://users.cis.net/sammy/bllyhero.htm

http://users.cis.net/sammy/paprlace.htm

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I write a lot of responses that I decide not to post. I guess because I'm an outsider (never been a JW; only interested because of my friendship with a life-long JW) I suspect that what I have to say isn't particularly useful. But I keep reading because I have come to really like most everybody on the board.

• breal
    breal
    Now at this point, I gotta ask "WHY?"

I think for everyone it is different...for me the reasons I lurked for a while were:

I found there seemed to be some very clear alliances on the board and it seemed "dangerous" to go against the grain. The topics are interesting but I often have an opinion that someone has already stated it. I also am not as well written or intelectual as some here (on certain topics) so I did not want to get in over my head. People are wary of newbies (rightfully so I guess in some cases)...but I have read a few posts where the long time board members get upset that a newbie posts a topic of interest to them and someone else feels they should have just checked old posts to see if already covered...which is not fair since other newbies may have something to add & it seems harmless to restart something and see where it goes.

Just my 2c...

• Francois
    Francois

Ravyn, I have a problem with Xianity, too. In fact, I have a problem finding any redeeming features for it. But I think you're already taken. Otherwise..

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

aww Francois---you make me wish I had a single pretty relative to fix you up with! you are a good guy. I have a feeling if we ever got together for lunch or coffee---the sparks would fly whether we wanted them to or not...you are a sexy guy. and I suspect, an accomplished flirt.

BREAL! just jump in hunny---dont worry about the flames.....you won't get burned too badly if you wear your flame-proof suit! I don't know about the cliques---I am kinda clique-blind---but the intellectual stuff and the repeat posts---JUST DO IT! don't let anyone intimidate you here! And kgfree---you fit in perfectly well---you too...just go for it!

Ravyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit