It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

You can tell how it's going by the way he is pushing the whole "I don't need to provide evidence, YOU need to provide evidence" narrative. A reminder: he filed the suit. He is legally required to provide evidence, including to the people he is accusing of a crime or of defamation. If he cannot, then he doesn't have a case.

I think it's pretty clear that he wants to drag it out because he must finally have realized that he set himself up for a very public (and very embarrassing) failure. I don't think he can face the ridicule to come if the criminal suit goes nowhere.

•  Debra
    Debra

Yes I know and it's really bugging him that Kim won't reveal the information he is so obsessed with, she doesn't need to prove that particular information to Lloyd or anyone it makes no difference to the circus whoops I mean court case,

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    I think it's pretty clear that he wants to drag it out because he must finally have realized that he set himself up for a very public (and very embarrassing) failure. I don't think he can face the ridicule to come if the criminal suit goes nowhere.

That's precisely what is happening. Is the lawsuit over? No, and Kim didn't say it was. If her information is correct, an important threshold was not met - the "threshold" being that the court declined to serve the "defendants". We don't know the reason yet, but it's not hard to imagine they don't see they have any jurisdiction for this, or perhaps they have already flagged this as a frivolous lawsuit. My guess is they have chosen one of those two options and Lloyd has gone rogue and had filed something himself as a motion for the court to reconsider its decision by presenting new "evidence" of defamation.

So he's telling everyone that the lawsuit is still active but is hiding the information that the court is not inclined to hear this. It's in his interest to keep dragging this out and keep making motions the court needs to consider. At some point they will dismiss the case.

he will make adriatic Climate documentary

This is actually an Extinction Rebellion event, oddly held at a Croatian coastal resort town instead of in Zagreb where policy is actually formulated. Extinction Rebellion is a leftist environmental advocacy group which is known for blocking traffic and causing chaos in large cities. They are likely planning something in Zagreb. This is a way for Evans to virtue signal about the environment and also move off of JW topics. You'll see "Environmental Activist" soon in his Twitter bio. Extinction Rebellion is not going to care about him using sex workers in Thailand, they just need the body.

And the sight of Lloyd Evans using his body to block traffic in Zagreb is going to be worth 1000 memes.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

It is true that I do not know Croatian law as well as Lloyd's Croatian lawyers, but I bet his lawyers know a sucker willing to give them money when they see one. I am also smart enough to know Croatian law was not broken as none of the Magnificent Seven were in Croatia when "the crime of insult" supposedly took place. Don't forget it was Lloyd that invited us "to be the judge" of his actions during his confession video. Trust me when I say his mouth already lost him the lawsuit before it began.

• Simon
    Simon
    Lloyd meets up with his top legal team asking them to justify their costs when his cases against the M7 have been thrown out of court. Maybe because he hasn't shown proof

It reminds me of the "services" people offer whenever you need to do anything - apply for a work permit, create a company, whatever. You have to provide the information to someone. All you do when you "hire" someone is that they ensure you fill the forms in correctly, but ultimately it's always you doing the filling somewhere along the line either directly or via them.

It looks like he imagined he could just make a high-level claim of "I've been defamed" and have them go seek out and document the necessary details. Maybe, if he was willing to pay them enough, but unrealistic for the nature of his complaint.

There's no clear obvious complaint - if there was he would be pointing to it and he's spectacularly refused to even describe what the complaint actually is.

• Simon
    Simon
    If her information is correct, an important threshold was not met - the "threshold" being that the court declined to serve the "defendants". We don't know the reason yet, but it's not hard to imagine they don't see they have any jurisdiction for this, or perhaps they have already flagged this as a frivolous lawsuit.

Something like this would require process serving in multiple countries in multiple continents. That isn't going to be covered by the basic paperwork application fee. Someone needs to do that work, someone needs to coordinate it and hire people and all those people expect to be paid.

The court isn't going to foot the bill for some frivolous case of dubious merit especially in jurisdictions they have no authority in. They probably took one look at what it entailed and immediately saw it for what it was - utter nonsense.

I think Lloyds plan was to send his "scary" letters out hoping someone would cave so it would allow him to declare victory and lies, and not lose any money on the whole thing. But that didn't happen. To prosecute this case will require deep pockets and without a clear win on the cards it's unlikely anything will ever happen. Of course it won't stop him claiming that it'll arrive any-day now, and that the time left is getting short ... maybe within another overlapping generation it might happen.

Anything but admit he had no case and no one lied about him.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Yes, Simon. Until he is 80 and in every jurisdiction. Overlapping generations and worldwide. Procress servers and hostile witnesses. Fire and brimstone.

... " I'm sorry you can't go to college, kids. It's because of Kim Silvio."

• Vintage
    Vintage

I thought just now.... why does Evans have this obsession with the lawyer (solicitor) credentials of Kim Silvio? Then it hit me. Ahhh! He thinks that he can get a sanction against her,... a former volunteer helper, who is also a retired lawyer (solicitor), ...by charging her with breaking attorney-client confidentiality. Wow!

If I'm the last person on this forum to figure that out, please excuse me for my slow wit.

The Attorney-Client Privilege
    "The attorney-client privilege is a rule that protects the confidentiality of communications between lawyers and clients. Under the rule, attorneys may not divulge their clients' secrets, nor may others force them to. The purpose of the privilege is to encourage clients to openly share information with their lawyers and to let lawyers effectively represent their clients."
    https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/attorney-client-privilege.html

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    He thinks that he can get a sanction against her,... a former volunteer helper, who is also a retired lawyer (solicitor), ...by charging her with breaking attorney-client confidentiality. Wow!

Kim explains why this isn't the case in her Andrew gold interview, I believe. Lloyd was never her client, you have to agree to a contract for that. Kim merely gave her opinion about some cases Watchtower were involved in - never Lloyd, anyway. He merely used her as he does everyone, because Lloyd knows nothing about anything but being a JW.

He'll have Climate Activists in his Twitter Bio

He'll have "Climate FILM MAKER" in his Twitter Bio....just because he walks around with a decent camera exjw's bought him.... to make exjw content.

• DarleneGatus
    DarleneGatus
    Lots of JWs and exJWs have addiction and/or mental health issues. Why is this thread so popular?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit