It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vintage
    Vintage

Then, well done, LMsA. You're a professional journalist....Wait... inspired by Gin & tonic? and by Paul Blart: Mail Cop 2? (I need a 'scratching my head' emoji.)

• Vintage
    Vintage

NCC, it finally occurred to me to put my tablet in "desktop" view, and now I have my little notification bell again, back where it belongs. Also, now I can choose "sort by" most recent first when reading the youtube comments under a video. What a relief. Now if we could only help Slimboyfat get his "like" button to work once again.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    https://graphtreon.com/creator/cedars suggests that his current income is $1721.00 USD

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Graphtreon makes a guess based on whatever info they can get from each creator's landing page, which is usually the number of patrons and the range of subscription options. I don't think it can sort those, nor can it know how many patrons pay more than is being requested. In other words, if Lloyd's highest tier was $20 and a wealthy supporter decided to contribute $2000 instead, Graphtreon would still show $1,721 per month instead of $3,721.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Vintage, tablets can be a finicky thing. Glad you got it sorted out.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

LMSA, that meme cover... I would love nothing more than for Lloyd to take that one seriously. Could you imagine? He can fill the book with all of the filth from Reluctant Apostate and put that on the cover. It would be glorious.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

To be honest, Both Borris and Lloyd do share common ground, they are both yawningly boring when they speak.

On the subject of Borris. One is kidding themselves if they think Borris is not having his strings pulled just like every other politician. They do not get into their position by chance.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Reading the Wikitubia article I came across this gem - declared himself “inactive.”

As far as I am aware you cannot declare yourself inactive, that is up to the elders. I know this because I requested a copy of my Report and an elder had declared me inactive and signed his name on said report.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Don't they categorize you as inactive if you do not turn in a field report for a certain number of months? Or some other quantifiable criteria?

• Vintage
    Vintage

Watchtower declares itself the owner of each person's "publisher's record card". Watchtower makes it clear that the publisher doesn't own the "publisher's record card" on which Watchtower keeps its record of that person's activity, or lack thereof. (Long before waking up,) I once moved to a far distant location, and I requested that my publisher's record card be transferred to the congregation of the territory to which I had relocated. The Society left my publisher's record card at my previous congregation for (as I recall) over a year, until those elders at my previous location were finished with me. I could "declare myself" the Queen of Sheba, but my standing with Watchtower would still be "mud".

• Simon
    Simon
    Eh,... Simon. You may have misunderstood. 🤭

Well, Boris just resigned, so maybe I was on to something ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit