It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vintage
    Vintage

🥳 That's progress. Does Tibor still get paid the same as before? And, ...maybe Evans is looking for a ghost writer for his videos, so that he can dedicate himself full-time to his book revision and writing his "new" book? JWBeliefsDiscussed, in his video, offered Evans an impressive list of titles for his new book. Simon's suggestion made the cut. And, JWBeliefsDiscussed told Evans to use any of them he wanted.

One more title idea,... "How to Respond when your Children ask to change their last Name."

• vienne
    vienne

Writing another insipid, poorly-done 'tell all' full of confessions and lies .... Not worth the price to read.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

Happy first of july...Well not for everyone... OUCH.

• Toblerone5
  • NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

469, only have two words for that...

• Vintage
    Vintage

Didn't Evans make an attempt at having translators work for free translating his first book? It's hard to imagine a worse waste of a translator's time and skill.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    Didn't Evans make an attempt at having translators work for free translating his first book?

Yes the story goes something like this. Lloyd Evans had several translators to work on making his book in Spanish. All of them volunteers, just like Watchtower taught him. They were each given a section of the book so nobody could steal his copyrighted work. I wonder why he would be paranoid about that? Oh wait, him printing bootlegged Crisis of Conscience books. Because there is no such thing as a word for word translation of anything the book was virtually unreadable so the project was abandoned.

If I have any of this incorrect, please let me know.

• Vintage
    Vintage

If his translators translated "word for word", he got what he paid for, i.e., professional translators don't do that. It would have been hilarious,... like reading a menu from a Chinese restaurant translated to English... in South America. Some ex missionaries and I used to read those menus like comic books. We laughed till our sides ached.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower
    I have never been able to gag down Windbag Loyds' content. The guy has the gift of gab.

Not sure I would call it a gift. Booby prize maybe.

Snakes

• Vintage
    Vintage

vienne said,

Writing another insipid, poorly-done 'tell all' full of confessions and lies .... Not worth the price to read.

Really, what exjw stuff is even left to put into his new book? Will he try to twist his wife’s disgust with his “open marriage” idea into a “Watchtower aberration”?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit