It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Newly Enlightened
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Wow, this turn of events has shone a MASSIVE light on people’s attitudes. I am actually shocked how some people are reacting on YouTube, Facebook, Reddit.

If objecting to someone betraying and hurting their partner and using sex workers makes someone “judgemental” — then call me judgmental all you like! He presented himself as a family man and even gave others advice on how to handle their lives. Yet now we are told that it’s totally irrelevant, and none of our business, that he makes his family distraught and then leaves them behind crying while going to Thailand for a holiday? All this is “irrelevant to his work”. Really? Get a grip! Those people supporting Lloyd have truly lost their minds. At least they have shown their true colours, I suppose. Call that judgmental? I call it still having a working brain.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective
    14 pages of comments...seriously ???, And one more self righteous than the next....the mob mentality taking place here is textbook...Geeez...let go of your pearls ladies and give it a rest .
    What say we give Lloyd a break here and hate on me for awhile... go ahead I can take it...let's see how many down votes it will take to calm this Jr. high feeding frenzy.
    ( unbelievable...and to think these folks were once my "brothers" what happened??)

I concur. I left the Watchtower ages ago, I will not become like the very organisation I was born into which took me ages to be able to leave. My whole family, all my former "friends", are all still in—I still have narcissist BPD family I have to protect myself and my sanity against, something that will go on for the rest of my life as long as the Watchtower still stands. I lost everything when I left. I hope we ex-jws never come close to what the caption in the picture below says.

• Simon
    Simon
    Great video Christian!

Yeah, very well said Christian.

I think people make too much of the "XYZ helped me leave the WTS". The reality for most people is that they were already starting their process of leaving, and started looking for information. Sure, the information was useful, for confirmation of their choice, but it wan't equivalent to being picked up by a helicopter from a battlefield under gunfire. It's more like someone handed you a leaflet as you walked past ...

Don't run back to the mall to hug them, and think they are your friend. They are doing what they do to help as they can. But some end up doing it because they miss the "position" they had in the WTS and want to reproduce it, thinking they should have some equivalent position in the exJW community.

There is now a cult of personality, and ironically, the same personality that if they went back in time would not really have helped them leave, because they would have disgusted them.

If you leave, YOU did that for yourself. Be proud. Go live your life, wasn't that the point of leaving after all?

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Sure, the information was useful, for confirmation of their choice, but it wan't equivalent to being picked up by a helicopter from a battlefield under gunfire. It's more like someone handed you a leaflet as you walked past ...

LOL, I really enjoy the way you illustrate things.

I'm trying to do the same thing. I'm practicing with my workers, but it's not working. I need more practice. It might take a few years because I can't even get a smile.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Excellent video above from Christian! Thank goodness for some sanity on YouTube.

Also a great call to check out Ben Foard’s videos. This one is brilliant.

https://youtu.be/JG6PjU7X27I

I hope Ben continues to post such high quality videos.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Well said Slimboyfat & Simon,

NONE of us 'save' anyone. That person takes the information and SAVES themselves.

Do you think all the PIMO Elders contact us privately because we SAVED them?

NO!

They see what is going on in the organization and how Watchtower is throwing them under the bus, then they come looking for information.

Nobody has to worry about any information, documents, elders letters etc disappearing, Atlantis has that covered as usual. We call that vault "Beastzilla"

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

When you leave the WT, it doesn't mean all moral standards are discarded.

• Simon
    Simon
    When you leave the WT, it doesn't mean all moral standards are discarded.

In some cases you acquire better ones

• Simon
    Simon
    I don't know about Croatia or the UK, but in the United States its against the law (Title 18, section 2423 if anybody wants to check my homework) to travel to a foreign country to engage in sex practices illegal in the United States. It is possible that Evans' legal problems are just starting.
    Some of his financial dealings would certainly get the attention of the IRS. Again, I don't know about the UK or Croatia. In my opinion, Lloyd Evans would be well served by engaging a good lawyer, shutting his mouth (the first piece of advice that lawyer will give him), and groveling for his wife, if she'll listen to it.

Even if he's not broken laws, he's clearly violated Patreon rules and should be reported so they can protect people who may be misled into thinking they are donating to something they are not.

They have pretty strict community guidelines and using money raised on the pretence of being for something else and using funds to engage in sexual practices violate their terms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit