It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    That trick tends to only work once, and with each successive attempt at threatening to leave the response gets weaker.

Also, without a significant increase in quality and/or quantity of his output, or new content ideas, people who donated to get him out of a hole will start to ask questions.

If he just slumps back to the bare minimum he can be bothered with, if he's slow to post on breaking news, and if he can't get anyone of interest to provide him with new or relevant content, then donors will be asking - what's the point of keeping his channel afloat? Especially if he's snarky and aggressive to anyone who asks questions about his content or offers suggestions.

• Pasta_Hour
    Pasta_Hour

M7 extortion victim/criminal defendant here checking in. Haven't caught up on this post in the last couple of months, but this morning I invested some time and spit some coffee more than a few times bringing myself up to speed.

With that being said, put me down for -14. That is one of Lloyd's favorite numbers after all.

Glad to see the case was apparently dropped. Anyone with even mildly functioning neurons knew this would always be the end result. Has anyone as of yet gotten their hands on the official ruling?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Journeyman: people who donated to get him out of a hole will start to ask questions.

If he is lucky, they will ask questions. That would mean that they still cared enough, and would give him a chance to respond and perhaps talk them into continuing their support.

The bigger concern is that they will leave (or are leaving) quietly. No questions, no explanations, no "why I left" videos. They simply disappear. That is usually a sign that they are not leaving out of any disenchantment with his behavior-- they just don't consider his channel worth supporting anymore. They're not getting enough from him to justify the monthly expense. And they may have already found other places to spend that money instead.

I think he is getting close to the point where the only patrons left will be the die-hards and the people who haven't yet realized that they're still sending him money each month.

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

Someone here suggested using Upwork as a place to find someone in Croatia who might help. Inna freelances and has an upwork account, she said she can maybe tackle that if we can give her all the pertinent info (we just don't have time to put it all together).

So can someone post everything needed to send to a legal person in Croatia? I assume it's the court name, judge's name, any case numbers, etc.

It might take a few days to post it and review the freelancers that respond and all that but it's worth at least having her check into it.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Inna freelances and has an upwork account, she said she can maybe tackle that if we can give her all the pertinent info (we just don't have time to put it all together).

Case Number: K-252/2022

Sisak Municipal Court

Judge: Mirela Sladić (this is a new judge, assigned sometime in February this year)

Novosel compiled the filing and dated it 29 April 2022, but the court recorded it on 2 May 2022. There have been several submissions, two of which were by Lloyd himself. If you can find any of those submissions from Jabba the Hutt and the decision on 14 July 2023, they will be worth their weight in gold. Pure comedic value, even better than his standup routine.

Link to the court site is here:

e-Predmet (pravosudje.hr)

Enter the CAPTCHA letters and search. His case will come up. If you do this on a smart phone, it will have an English tab to read. Otherwise you are stuck with the original Croatian.

Submissions:

2 May 2022- Filed by Karlo Novosel

18 July 2022 - Submission by Karlo Novosel

30 August 2022 - Submission by Lloyd Evans (this one is important, as it seems to be in reaction to a ruling days previous. Lloyd went on his famous rant a few days later about how he's suing for the next 40 years, so he really wasn't in a good place mentally at this time and was particularly upset at the status of this case)

16 Sept 2022 - Submission by "UPS" (Perhaps new counsel hired by Lloyd since the case wasn't going well?)

14 November 2022 - Submission by Lloyd Evans

2 February 2023 - Submission by UPS

14 July 2023 - "Decision/Letter of the court" filed by the court

PS - Very interesting that Karlo Novosel filed the case and made just one submission, with no further submissions after last July. Lloyd may have blown more money in retaining new counsel, or perhaps Novosel simply withdrew due to Lloyd's stupidity. The evidence would seem to indicate that Karlo Novosel is no longer representing him.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    The bigger concern is that they will leave (or are leaving) quietly.

Good point, Tonus. A steady death by no longer being relevant is worse than being confronted by dissatisfied patrons and having to address their concerns or justify yourself to them (not that he would bother doing that anyway).

Ironically, it's a similar situation currently facing the WT org!

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

@ Las Malvinas son Argentinas Thanks!

She said she can look at it more later tonight and then maybe tomorrow post a job offer on upwork. She checked today and legal assistants seem to charge $20 - $25 USD per hour in Croatia so it shouldn't be much to just retrieve papers and translate. We can certainly cover that.

Again, it will take some time but we'll keep everyone posted on the progress.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

I just checked & it's still under 1,000 views

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

-14. That is one of Lloyd's favorite numbers after all.

šŸ¤£

• btlc
    btlc

I am puzzled how they two worked together in the first place - Karlo Novosel is conservative catholic activist, and Lloyd Evans is ... Lloyd Evans?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit