Hello, this is my first post

by noralee 47 Replies latest jw friends

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    Welcome. And, a very good first post it was...
  • Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome!

"I don't think I´ll ever really be able to forgive myself." If you can't by yourself, then get some counseling. You must forgive yourself to move on. We are all human and need to learn to love ourselves with all our imperfections. (one thing the WTBS didn't teach us)

Be glad you got your family out. Don't look back but embrace what may come in the future.

Joy

"Living well is the best revenge"

• Dagney
    Dagney

Welcome noralee! Wonderful to have you here.

• Giordano
    Giordano
    Welcome Noralee it took a few years after we left to finally look back and not feel the loss of what we could have accomplished. In the years since we have made up and surged a head.
  • Tornintwo
    Tornintwo
    Welcome, what a great post. Don't feel bad, congratulate yourself for having the strength of mind to wake up from oppressive mind control and help your loved ones do the same xx
  • flipper
    flipper

NORALEE- A big welcome to the board to you ! Congratulations on regaining your freedom of mind in exiting the JW cult. I definitely can understand the regrets you have as do many of us here ( I exited over 12 years ago at age 44 and had been in 44 years from birth ) .

I'm very happy for you that many in your family have exited with you as well, that helps. Some of us have some family that are out and some still in. I share your anger towards the WT Society- truly a criminal organization. But the best part is having freedom to think for ourselves without being told what to believe and think. It is priceless. I wish you much happiness in the days and years ahead for you and your family . Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    welcome, Noralee!
  • redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Great to have you here noralee, I'm Dutch and new too. Seems to be a great place here, isn't it?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome noralee , many of us have gone through the same emotions as yourself , don`t be too hard on yourself.

We can`t undo the past .

smiddy

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Welcome to the forum! It's unbelievable how many lurkers are joining up here to be heard!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit