Hello, this is my first post

by noralee 47 Replies latest jw friends

• noralee
    noralee

Hello, this is my first post, I would like to introduce myself and say thank you to every one on this forum, you have been a lifeline to me these last few years.

I had been a jw for 30 years when I walked away a few years ago disgusted by the treatment victims of child abuse, domestic abuse and rape receive from the wtbts.

At first I thought it was a local problem, elders personal opinions, the way they handled the situations, imperfect men etc., until I checked out jehovahs witnesses and child abuse/domestic abuse online. That's when I realized they had the same modus operandi worldwide. That led me here, tbuo this forum, and then to Crisis of Conscience, JW Facts, Watchtower Documents, JW Survey, old watchtower literature and cd¨s, reading a couple of Steve Hassans books, and more recently Exiting the JW Cult.

The feelings of shock, betrayal, anger at the wtbts, angry with myself for being so gullible, depression, reflection, loneliness, have taken their toll. The overwhelming feeling of guilt for introducing my family to the cult is probably the hardest part, they are all out now, but I can never give them back all those wasted years or take away all that they suffered. We are all moving on together, and making a new life, although I don't think I´ll ever really be able to forgive myself.

Once again, to each and every one of you beautiful, brave people, thank you.

noralee

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    hi Noralee--welcome to the site
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    That led me here, tbuo this forum, and then to Crisis of Conscience, JW Facts, Watchtower Documents, JW Survey, old watchtower literature and cd¨s, reading a couple of Steve Hassans books, and more recently Exiting the JW Cult.

Just so everyone is clear, I believe that last one you mention is the book, "EXITING THE JW CULT." Even though I am already out, I read that book and it was great. So were your other choices.

It is refreshing to read how many woke up. Welcome to the forum.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    Welcome Noralee. Glad you found the site and posted. Also really glad your family is out too. Forgive yourself and move forward. Life is too short to waste with regrets.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome!

This is a great community, with genuine and sincere people! Feel free to join in.

• cofty
    cofty
    Hi, welcome to the forum.
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    Wow it seems almost every week someone wakes up. Surely wonderous expansion is taking place
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Welcome
  • DJS
    DJS
    Welcome noralee
  • galaxie
    galaxie
    Welcome...always makes my heart glad to hear of others who have seen not the noooo light of the JWs but the light of their own sound reasoning. Best wishes to you and your family for the future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit