Hello, this is my first post

by noralee 47 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy
    There is a life after the witnesses and it's a great one. Don't feel bad I wasted 52 years worth. That might a record for stupidity.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Well Noralee!

You post gives me a deja vu moment. Been there. Done that. Got the T-shirt. (And the scars.)

Doc

Remember: The greatest revenge is living a happy and successful life!

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Welcome noralee.

I wish you and your family the very best.

As members we never come to the realization of just how toxic the Witness community truly is until we put down our JW outfit and look back at it objectively.

Then we come to realize just how intoxicated we were and even then it's hard to believe we were intoxicated to begin with.

I can certainly understand how you felt. I believe we all went through that stage of depression, loneliness, and anger. Some of us came out fine, some of us not so much.

I invite you to PM me anytime you need a listening ear.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Welcome noralee.

I wish you and your family the very best.

As members we never come to the realization of just how toxic the Witness community truly is until we put down our JW outfit and look back at it objectively.

Then we come to realize just how intoxicated we were and even then it's hard to believe we were intoxicated to begin with.

I can certainly understand how you felt. I believe we all went through that stage of depression, loneliness, and anger. Some of us came out fine, some of us not so much.

I invite you to PM me anytime you need a listening ear.

• Lost and adrift
    Lost and adrift
    Welcome from one newbie to another. ...xx
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Hi there noralee, welcome.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Hi Noralee, welcome to the forum.

BTW I'm not particularly brave

• jhine
    jhine

Welcome Noralee

Jan

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Hi there Noralee, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the freedom you now have to live your best life from now on.

I so agree with what LisaRose wrote.

We all leave the religion with scars and guilt. For some of us it's harder to move on from those feeling then it may take others. But the help out there is endless compared to the help offered at the KH. Find whatever it is that gives you peace of mind to start living the rest of your life excited for what's out there.

• Magnum
    Magnum

The feelings of shock, betrayal, anger at the wtbts, angry with myself for being so gullible

I sure can relate to that. I have recently reconnected with some old school friends. Over thirty years ago, I tried to witness to them and warn them about the imminent end of the world. Now, they are all doing really well financially, and I'm working a low-paying job in a company that won't last much longer because technology and market changes have doomed it.

One of the friends has been retired for at least two years. He makes more in retirement than my wife and I make together working full time. His wife still works, and she makes far more than we together do.

Yeah, I feel betrayed, gullible, etc.

Oh, and I'm glad you joined and posted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit