Hello, this is my first post

by noralee 47 Replies latest jw friends

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    noralee, may this be the beginning of a wonderful year for you.
  • cha ching
    cha ching

NoraLee, you have to know how happy you have made so many of us feel.... You too, redpilltwice!

It seems the grip of WT is getting weaker and weaker, thanks for joining and giving us hope of even more to come! This forum is great to express yourself on, explore new ideas, seek help.

Congratulations & hugs to both of you!

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Yep, as Cha ching says it's the joy of new posters having woken up to the real world which is so heartening. All of us having lived under the mind control of the disgusting JW organisation with its deluded leaders...may it soon implode! Welcome Noralee.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

all these new members may well help other lurkers to take the plunge !

come on guys--introduce yourselves !

• noralee
    noralee

Thank you all so much for the lovely warm welcome, advice and understanding. I am so happy I finally plucked up the courage to post. Thank you for making me feel so welcome and at home, and I would say to anyone lurking to follow the advice of wasanelderonce," come in and see"

OTWO - yes that´s the book, it is a wonderful book, I´ve read other books about exiting cults, but for me this has been by far the best, I think the fact that the author is an exjw makes all the difference. I found the healing techniques really helpful, as well as a few of the books she recommends.

LisaRose - thank you for your loving, caring advice, I totally agree with all that you said, the feelings of unworthiness are one of the most toxic residues that cling to us after leaving the wbts, and probably the hardest to get out of our system. It didn't matter what we did, we were always reminded we were never good enough, and nothing without them. I´ve very recently started doing some mindful meditation (doctors advice), and í´m finding it really does help to see the negative, repeating patterns, and that its not a bad thing to love and accept ourselves as we are, and to take life one day at a time.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Welcome Noralee

I know what you mean about the wasted time given to a greedy corporation that pretends to be a christian religion.

Just take you r time now, don't get dragged into any more nutty religions.

• Kick50r
    Kick50r

Hello , Welcome and congratulations for leaving the one fear instilling , greedy, clueless unilluminated corporation.

Good Luck and take Care

• noralee
    noralee

thank you punkofnice and kick50r. don´t worry, once bitten twice shy. no more religion, nutty or otherwise for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit