Things you will never hear a good Jehovah’s Witness say (to another Jehovah’s Witness)

by hoser 56 Replies latest social humour

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Heard at the meeting for Serve- Us, "THIS is THE WORST LIFE EVER!

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

JW: How was your morning in service?

Me: Good. At this one door, I was "boasting in Christ" to this lady. (Phil 3:3)

JW: What?

Me: Yeah, "so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified" (2 Thess 1:12)

JW: But...what about Jehovah??

Me: "do not become ashamed about the witness about our Lord" (2 Tim 1:8)

JW: Uhh...

Me: Yeah, I told that lady, "Rise, get baptized, and wash your sins away by your calling on his name.’ (Acts 22:16)

JW: Why you preaching your own thing?

Me:  For I am preaching, not about myself, but about Jesus Christ as Lord (2 Co 4:5)

JW: But, what about Jehov..-

Me: (cutting her off) Look, let's change the subject. I heard there was 8 baptized at your assembly. It's nice to see that "many are becoming believers in the Lord" (Acts 9:42)

JW: You mean they search the scriptures and come to Jehovah's organization!

Me: Nope. They should have come to Jesus so that they have life. (John 5:40)

JW: Nope?! You got it all wrong. Romans 10:13 says to call on Jehovah to get saved?!

Me: tisk, tisk. Acts 8:12 says "there's no other name than JESUS to get saved"

JW: big eye-roll

Me: Look here, I'm ready to die for the name of Jesus (Acts 21:13)

JW: Well, I'll die for Jehovah, so there! (thumbing nose in air)

Me: Let me cut to the chase. Do you have Christ's spirit? (Romans 8:9)

JW: what?

Me: We need the spirit of Jesus (Phil 1:9)

JW: I belong to Jehovah and his organization!

Me: I belong to Jesus, he's my master (1 Co 3:23, Col 3:24)

Me: You're lookin at me funny. Just ask brother elder about what I'm saying. He's "fine soldier of Christ" (2 Tim 2:3)

JW: (Clearly upset) Look brother, you need to stop all this Jesus stuff. You sound like Christendom.

Me: (stepping closer) No one can separate me from the love of Christ, it compels me! (Ro 8:35, 2 Co 5:14)

JW: (Bigger eye-roll) When I got baptized, I decided to get to know Jehovah and his org.

Me: I decided not to know anything except Jesus. He's the perfector of my faith. (1 Co 2:2, Heb 12:2)

JW: Jehovah is God!!!!

Me: Jesus is Lord! (1 Co 12:3)

JW: But we honor Jehovah more than Jesus

Me: If you don't honor Jesus to the SAME level as you do Jehovah, then it's like you don't honor God at all.

JW: (Giving up and starting to walk away) Oh, Jesus...

Me: That's right.

• zeb
    zeb

............and good luck with that..

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

Boy that Cedars guy sure knows his stuff.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

"How did kangaroos find their way on to the ark?"

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"You really have been out in service too much this week. Take some time off and care for your family responsibilities first next week"

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

"Who do I have to blow to get appointed around here?"

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Let's bring back the Egyptian pyramid symbolism it's so hot right now.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@Sparrowdown---sorry bruv,,but smut replies have been banned by the management.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

"Thursday nights are a bit late for kids, aren't they ... sister single parent - why not take Thursday meetings off"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit