Then Leave.com

by SheilaM 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Nickey
    Nickey

I get the sly humor. But on the other hand, I get the message they're trying to send. But, whatever. I don't care what they think. If people want to donate to that cause and to whoever actually takes that opportunity, that's on them.

I've had more people tell me to go back to Africa to be honest. But, I haven't found any websites making donations to send me back. I can easily take that money and have me a nice free vacation though.

• Xena
    Xena
    I get the sly humor. But on the other hand, I get the message they're trying to send. But, whatever. I don't care what they think. If people want to donate to that cause and to whoever actually takes that opportunity, that's on them.

And that pretty much sums it up! I was really kind of suprised how overwrought some people were over this.....

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Seems to me it is written by a bunch of red neck republicans.

Seems to me you're dead wrong.... labeling anyone who's thoughts are different than yours with such a broad brush is ridiculous ... good gawd.. is that all you can think about are rednecks and republicans.... I'm neither and I could have put up that TONGUE-IN-CHEEK website. Gads, talk about hitting a nerve.... CHILL OUT.

The same ones that criticized and tried to impeach President Clinton.

oh, those redneck republicans.... thanks for clearing that up... first go after Clinton, then put up a damning website...now I get it.

The same people that are trying to change an democratically elected governor.

Well, you stepped in it this time. I'm from California, I'm neither Democrat or Republican and I want Gray Davis OUT (so do a majority of the Democrats). You know ONLY what you hear with your pathetic television soundbites, you don't live in this state and haven't had to put up with this CROOK. Almost 100 years ago California voters passed a recall law that was MADE for someone like Gray Davis. In the past 50 years there have been 31 minor attempts to recall a sitting governor, but the electorate has ignored all of them because they were from fringe groups. Nothing ever came of them, they never even got on a ballot. Now we have a governor who it has been discovered AFTER last November's elections that he not only LIED twice as to the actual amount of the budget deficet just to get elected, but that he has been 'paying' off certain government unions just to keep them 'friendly'. The recall IS TRUE DEMOCRACY in action. You have NO right to make such statements unless you live here paying the highest of all state taxes and having the shit*est schools in the country. This used to be the GOLDEN STATE, a wonderful place to live and now we're turning into something like eurotrash.

The same red necks that think there is nothing wrong with mixing religion and politics and are defying a high court decision.

Boy, you're really stuck on rednecks, aren't you. Btw, a high majority of this country agree with defying the court in this instance, and brother, they are not all rednecks. That's how this country got started.... standing up for what's right and defying authority when it's wrong... your 'foreign' opinion is different, so be it.... but you are in the minority over here.

Need I go on?

Only if you're going to make sense.

Why don't you ask those ones to leave? They may question things they believe are wrong but isn't this a democracy?.
    "Attention All Rednecks, please leave"! There, are you happy now?
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell

Double Edge,

Of course we only get certain "sound bits" of what goes on down there. Yes I understand that Gary Davis is seen as a "crook" as you put it and you are exercising your rights to recall. So is that being unpatriotic? So the same goes if some challenge President Bush of his foreign policies. Is that being unpatriotic? Also what about the huge federal deficit that Bush is building up to finance this war? Again if you challenge that, is that being unpatriotic? You missed my whole point here, it goes both ways. It is great to criticize others and say they are not patriotic because they don't agree with the present administration but its patriotic only if it supports your political views. My apologies if I hit a nerve on the "red neck" comment but that is the way it is seen by many outside your country.

Will

• jelly
    jelly

William,

I am not sure if you are even reading anyone’s posts. No one is telling anyone to leave anywhere. People were offering people that hate this place a 1-year trip out free. My question was different; I asked why people that hate this place so much stay? I was not telling anyone to leave I just want to know why they do not? That is not the same thing as telling someone to leave. Duh.

On the other hand what if I was, if I wanted to tell people to leave I could. THAT WOULD BE MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH, you don’t have to like it you just have to deal with it.

Your grasp of California politics is distorted at best. Dems hate davis just like republicans. His approval rating is in the low 20’s lower than any other politician ever. It’s not just the republicans. The method used to remove him has been a well-established law for many years. Below I have some figures for you that you might gain understanding as to why California’s budget is so screwed.

1. 21 % the amount the demand for California’s services have grown since Davis took over (a function of inflation and population growth)
    2. 28% the amount California’s income has grown since Davis took over
    3. 39% the amount Davis increased spending over that of Pete Wilson

Davis got some bad bounces but he misplayed every single one of them. He has never had a novel solution to any problem and attempts to stay in power by buying off special interest groups. The entire state hates him.

For your information I am a republican but I thought what they did to Clinton was wrong. I can dig up my old posts on the topic from this board if you want to see them. The way you blanket label anyone is indicative of your bigotry.

Terry
  • jelly
    jelly

By the way I am a republican so of course you label me as 'sheeple' or a 'redneck' but I can site several places on this board where I disagreed with Bush, or Republicans in general.

My view is the left is truly made up of sheepel. I would like you william to show me someplace where you disagree with the party of you choice. My view is that most of the left is driven by hatered of bush and no real sense of what would be best for this country.

Once again to recap:

1. I can and do disagree with my party on several issues
    2. When I do disagree with my party I bring the issue up
    3. I doubt you do
    4. If anyone blindly accepts their entire party platform they are not thinking but reacting

Terry

• Panda
    Panda

Hmmm --- I've lived in other countries. Next to America I liked China. Not because of politics but because of the people. I do love America, even more as I've gotten older and travelled more. There is no place like this anywhere and I'll use the fact that you will not be imprisoned if you voice an opposing opinion. Imagine what would happen to the dessenter in central America? If someone wants a free ticket from that silly website, well I hope they get it. That doesn't mean they'll give up their citizenship when it all comes down to it, as many friends from other countries have said to me, Americans are free to think it's better somewhere else. As for Egypt, fine if you're a man or a mummy. Only problem in the US as far as I see --- "One Nation Under-Educated."

• angelkins
    angelkins

Sheila, Jelly and Xena: Perhaps the ones who are taking the site up on its offer are also doing so tongue-in-cheek.

Jelly, from what sources is your opinion formed that people who disagree with you (at least that was your inference) just hate Bush and are not concerned with the good of the country? Whew!!

• angelkins
    angelkins

P.S. to Jelly.

Why don't you reread your post about California politics. Wow! Everyone in California hates Davis? You must get your information from "fair and balanced" sources such as Fox news. ROFLMAO!!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Ya know what.....there are a million...no....billion websites out there.

Yeah, some of us, even myself have THE most warped sense of humour.

Ya know, when you've had some interaction with some of the posters here on this forum, I can tell you (re: SheilaM) - with all due respect, I don't think she'd ever put something like this out there unless it had some facetious humour linked to it.

http://www.standonguard.com

Check out the Canadian World Domination link above.

What do you think?

Funny? Serious?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit