Then Leave.com

by SheilaM 74 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have a great sense of humor, and can read the site, and not be offended by it.

I think many people are missing the point. Yes, this country allows us all to have equal opinions, and I support that. However, it seems, that most who complain DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT IT!

I personally have little patience for those type of people who just find out what is wrong with everything. If one finds the laws so overwhelming and horrible, do something about it. Vote! Run for office. Donate time towards your cause of choice.

The facts support what I just said. The bellyachers of the world simply do nothing but sit and complain. I am not saying everyone, so don't get too bent out of shape. But these type people are usually complainers in many areas of their life, not just regarding politics.

What I do find entertaining however, is those from other countries who bitch about the United States. Please, now, don't you have something better to do?

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    Am I detecting a similarity to the dub mentality here?....If you don't love it, then leave???...Or we'll kick you out???

America (or at least Bush) takes it yet a step further...love it or I'll kill you...?

Did you even look at the site? It is private citizens taking up a collection to provide free tickets to someone to go somewhere else. They also provide return tickets.

My goodness, where did you come up with *love it or I'll kill you?*

As jelly noted, if complainers don't like it, let them try another country on for a year, which is what this site is offering. How is that bad?! They might like Canada....

Then again, they might realize that the US is not that bad....

Geesh....you [edited] really need to chill out. He is one man who will be gone in a few short months. Then your taxes can go up again and you can complain about the next prez. Relax. The more things change, the more they will stay the same....

I am editing to say, at 11.49, EST, August 23, 2003:

The big red [edited] above looks like I swore. I did not. I said GW hating, America bashers.

That to me is not worthy of an edit. Peace be with you....

• Panda
    Panda

I agree with the post (from berylblue?) about getting involved if you want changes. Those changes can be local no national. I saw this bumper sticker in an ad on the .net

I'm Pro-Choice and I Vote

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I am all for the ones that want to get inviolved politically, but BEFORE you do make sure that you know your issues and that inclueds the history the FULL history of our country and also that of others.

As Teeny said the more things change the more they stay the same. Beryl and there is nothing wrong with you speaking out NOTHING at all.

All I know is that a lot of people don't realize you can respect and still disagree. With a son in the Marines this is all I will say.

Teeny, Xena anyone esle that found humour in it...let's figure out which country we want to visit first. Myself I am all for bugging the shit out of our Prisca for a year whatcha say?

• D8TA
    D8TA

I find the site humorous. Being one that "didn't like it" and DID leave, hey....if they are willing to pay for people who wish to travel to a new adventure? Why not jump on it?

It's not like the U.S. is the "end all, be all of all creation". In fact, no nation on this planet is. It's what you percieve to be "YOUR" home. I kinda like the fact that this entire planet is my home, my only regret is that I live in a period of time where humanity is unable to travel great distances to other worlds.

At least there still SOME exploration left here on this blue marble.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit