Then Leave.com

by SheilaM 74 Replies latest jw friends

• SheilaM
  • minimus
    minimus

why?

• Simon
    Simon

Why should enyone have to leave? It seems to assume that anyone who disagrees with their government wants to leave the country or should be kicked out?

The site exhibits some extremely childish and simplistic reasoning.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Redneck alert !

• rem
    rem

Hmm... could actually be a cheap way to go on sabbatical or a long vacation in a different country.

rem

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

I remember billboards and bumper stickers which read: "America - love it or leave it", back during the days of the Vietnam War.

In those days, anyone who wanted to leave could leave. This is no longer the case!! Thanks to the events of September 11th and recent occurrances in Iraq, the U.S. government has recreated the paranoia of the McCarthy Era. Now, instead of Communists hiding under everyone's bed, now there are terrorists.

When my partner & I tried to enter Canada this past spring to spend the summer in a house we own up there, we were summarily deported at the border due to an error my partner made 16 years ago, even though the case was closed in the U.S. 11 years ago. We had our car rifled through by 6 (SIX!) immigration officers, and we were treated like potential terrorists.

Americans have become so vilified because of the current governmental policies and actions in the middle east that those who want to leave (even if it is just for a vacation) cannot!!

I recently came across a quote by Benjamin Franklin, which I believe both the US and Canadian governments would do well to heed: “The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.”

Anyone wanna buy a gorgeous 4 bedroom house with an ocean view in Atlantic Canada - cheap??

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

NAME: Arthur
    STATE OF RESIDENCE: Arizona
    REQUESTED DESTINATION OF TICKET: London, England or Vancouver, Canada
    REQUESTED MONTH OF DEPARTURE: June 2003
    ARE YOU A U.S. CITIZEN: yes
    FOR HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A U.S. CITIZEN: 19 years
    REASON FOR WISHING TO LEAVE THE U.S.A.: I am sick of our fascist government that cloaks itself behind a veil of representative democracy, which, incidently, does little to actually represent the will of the people. I am tired of living in a police state with institutionalized racism, sexism and classism. I am growing weary of fighting the system from within and am beginning to think that what is necessary is a total change to our way of government.

Here you go...please take him...there are 5 or 6 more like him registered on the site!! One actually asked to go to North Korea! He can have Tony Blair or Chrétien represent his will....

BTW, do y'all really know what a Redneck is? Do you have them in England?

• Hamas
    Hamas

lol @ Rednecks.

We have the equivalent here in the UK...

They are scattered all over the place.

In Leicester, we call them Braunstonites.

• jelly
    jelly

Disagreement is one thing. Blinding hate for your country is another. Not being I child I can differentiate between the two. I once saw and interveiw with a Muslim girl that claimed she felt more freedom in Eygpt then New York. I though to myself, then why stay. It's an honest question, if you hate this country if you feel you are oppressed why stay. If I was 'oppresed' and would be treated as an equal in Eygpt I would be on the boat by noon.

My feeling is the percent of people spewing this rhetoric that actually believe it is low. Most of these people are just self rightous trolls.

BTW: I do disagree with many of the things my country does, but I think the system they have for doing it is the best.

Terry

• Simon
    Simon

That's the spirit, get rid of them

Whatever you do, don't stop to think (or even ask) why people feel that way !

Maybe she suffered a lot of prejudice that made her feel that way.

I'm sure I read some grandious words somewhere about people "being created equal" ... it was obviously just rhetoric and people don't hold to it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit