by insearchoftruth 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gorb
    Gorb

It's about the selling of KH.

That's my thought.

G.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Seems many think a sale of the KHs which with the price of real estate makes good fiscal sense. You think a consolidation of many congregations in fewer KHs or better online capabilities and continuing more virtual which could make the message even more consistent across the rank and file.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Dang. I fell asleep now i will have to ask for cliff notes. One thing, the talks are written so it is uniform every week. Barely time allowed for local needs which used to be the reason for a CO visit

"Big changes" are usually underwhelming.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I wouldn't be surprised if Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls become Watchtower movie theaters. With the decline of "brothers qualifying" to be Elders and Ministerial Servants, it would be simpler to stream all meetings parts. Just click on the donate button.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Any changes of doctrine will be trivial items that will largely go unnoticed and mostly not understood or cared about.

I cannot see any major changes such as dropping 607BCE which would wake up too many if they admitted they had had this date wrong since they changed from 606BCE back in 1943.

The investment in Ramapo and such shows it is going to be a digital future and selling KH's and AH's will speed this along.

I may be too old to see many of the changes but they will come.

George

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

i don't know if this is old news or nunews, but I heard something about changing the resurrection doctrines.

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

Maybe the change they want is the change in your pocket, to remove it from your possession to theirs.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    537 BCE-70 years= 607 BCE

WT has always explained that Babylon fell in 539 not 537 and that the 70 years did not start until after Gedaliah was assasinated also that Jews did not leave Babylon in 539 and it took time to get there and that the land lay desolate until the first Jew set foot on eretz Israel in 537– But that is all extrapolation. We do know, however, —because it is a historical fact—that Babylon fell in 539. Although I believe that WT extrapolation is correct, it cannot be proven. The pivotal date 539 though is fact and God’s word says land desolate 70 years.—That we know.

The Reference Bible refers ( or referred if this has been changed ) to the end of the Gentile Times as circa 1914 and not 1914. 1914 is based on 537.

Simply put, 539-70 is 609. Ball park, circa, around = 607 and 1914. 537 is not a “historical date” although 539 is.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

The bible has not changed; yet as J-Dubs, we were always anticipating change (corrections).

• scholar
    scholar

Fisherman

WT has always explained that Babylon fell in 539 not 537 and that the 70 years did not start until after Gedaliah was assasinated also that Jews did not leave Babylon in 539 and it took time to get there and that the land lay desolate until the first Jew set foot on eretz Israel in 537– But that is all extrapolation. We do know, however, —because it is a historical fact—that Babylon fell in 539. Although I believe that WT extrapolation is correct, it cannot be proven. The pivotal date 539 though is fact and God’s word says land desolate 70 years.—That we know.

===

No this is not extrapolation but historical facts based on Ezra the historian who wrote Ezra and Chronicles. Babylon fell in 539 BCE but the Jews remained in exile after that event being released under the Cyrus Decree in 537 BCE. The land remained desolate for 70 years which was also the period of Exile so if we count back we come to 607 BCE for the beginning of the Exile and not 586 or 587 BCE.

----

Simply put, 539-70 is 609. Ball park, circa, around = 607 and 1914. 537 is not a “historical date” although 539 is.

----

539 BCE does not work for at that time the Jews were still in Exile and the land remained desolate until reoccupied by the Jewish Exiles. Further, 609 BCE was a non-event in respect of Jewish history so it cannot be used as a starting point for the 70 years.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit