What changes are on the way?

by insearchoftruth 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

Has there been some foreshadowing of consolidation of halls since they seem to be ramping up their multimedia capabilities?

Yes there has. Just a few years back, here in the U. S., there were meetings with elders all around the country, concerning the consolidation of K.H.'s and asking if we would agree to sign over the Hall to W.T. Some congregations balked at the idea. Some congregations were merged, some K.H.'s were sold. Kim & Mike were doing a running total of Halls sold on their channel. There is a name for this branch of Watchtower, it's basically the real estate arm of the corp.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    Very interesting Iwanttoleave.
    The current real estate market sure makes this an attractive time and they have been able to capitalize on electronic ways of delivering the drivel. I guess the biggest concern is keeping the donations to the ‘worldwide ministry’ coming in. A bunch of real estate profits would definitely mitigate this for a while.
  • asp59
    asp59

They all ready gave plans for future some year's ago with video about selling 4000 or 6000 hall's. They gonna sell hall's, merge congs and build media center. That's the future for organization.

• hoser
    hoser
    Zoom allows multitasking that you could never realize by attending the kingdom hall
  • scholar
    scholar

Vidqun

Scholar, you quote the scriptures I give. Perhaps you should quote some of the Society's scriptures to back up their argument. My dates correspond with the Babylonian Chronicles, a secular source, which in turn corresponds with the Scriptures. Your dates is according to Watchtower. It's a case of Watchtower (and Scholar) being in step while everybody else is out of step. By the way, Jer. 29:10 is important. The 70 years applies to Babylon, not to "my people."

---

You simply need to read all the scriptures that refer to the 70 years and these are in Chronicles, Ezra, Jeremiah, Daniel and Zechariah but if you are having some difficulty then I can list these for you. Our dates are based on Bible Chronology and your listed dates are based on secular chronology hence the difference of twenty years. The phrase 'for Babylon' simply highlights the servitude of the Jews to Babylon during the period of 70 years of domination.

---

And if you look up the cited scriptures, you will notice there were in total three sieges and five deportations (cf. Jer. 52:27-30). One in 605 (Dan. 1:1, 2), one in Nebuchadrezzar's 7th year (Jer. 52:28), one in his 8th year (2 Kings 24:10-16; 2 Chron. 36:9, 10), one in his 18th year (Jer. 52:29) and one in his 23rd year (Jer. 52:30).

No there were only three deportations of Jews from Jerusalem during Neb's reign and only ONE Exile of 70 years.

---

I would say that the Babylonian scribes would have known when Nabopolasar died and Nebuchadrezzar took over the kingship.

---

A normal expectation of history

--

Translated chronicles of the Neo-Babylonian Empire appear in the following: C. J. Gadd, The Fall of Nineveh (London: British Museum, 1923); D. J. Wiseman, Chronicles of the Chaldean Kings (625–556 b.c.) in the British Museum (London: British Museum, 1956); A. L. Oppenheim, “The Neo-Babylonian Empire and its Successors,” in ANET; A. K. Grayson, Assyrian and Babylonian Chronicles, Vol. V: Texts From Cuneiform Sources (Locust Valley, New York: J. J. Augustin, 1975)

---

The said scholar is familiar with these sources.

scholar JW

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

How about taking this 607/587 argument to some other string and quit with that goat herder fable bullshit here?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Sorry for derailing the thread. Had to clarify a few points.

And if you look up the cited scriptures, you will notice there were in total three sieges and five deportations (cf. Jer. 52:27-30). One in 605 (Dan. 1:1, 2), one in Nebuchadrezzar's 7th year (Jer. 52:28), one in his 8th year (2 Kings 24:10-16; 2 Chron. 36:9, 10), one in his 18th year (Jer. 52:29) and one in his 23rd year (Jer. 52:30).

No there were only three deportations of Jews from Jerusalem during Neb's reign and only ONE Exile of 70 years.

Scholar, you are refuting the Bible in the name of the Watchtower. I am sorry for you and all Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"Thev can change 607 BC to 586 which is the actual year of overthrow of Theocracy from Jerusalem, according to all reliable SOURCES INCLUDING JEWISH ENCYCLOPEDIA, and reach 1935 as the end of gentile period."

No, changing the destruction of Jerusalem to 586 would still keep the end of the gentile times as 1914 area.

That is how it was prior to Nelson Barbour changed it.

Vidqun was right. " in 605 BCE, Daniel and his companions would be deported" That is when the 70 years started ending in 537, give or take a few years. But that is not the issue here. The issue is when did the kings in the line of David cease being sovereign on Jehovah's throne. When that happened, that is when the gentile times started. That happened 2520 years prior to 1914 CE.

• scholar
    scholar

Vidqun

That is simply your interpretation of matters as to whether there were three sieges and five deportations for I consider there only to be two sieges and three deportations based on the texts that you cite.Scholar, you are refuting the Bible in the name of the Watchtower. I am sorry for you and all Jehovah's Witnesses.

--

Scholar, you are refuting the Bible in the name of the Watchtower. I am sorry for you and all Jehovah's Witnesses.

---

Ditto! I feel sorry for you being misled by apostates and others who do believe the Bible as God's Word.

scholar

• scholar
    scholar

Rattigan 350

Vidqun was right. " in 605 BCE, Daniel and his companions would be deported" That is when the 70 years started ending in 537, give or take a few years. But that is not the issue here. The issue is when did the kings in the line of David cease being sovereign on Jehovah's throne. When that happened, that is when the gentile times started. That happened 2520 years prior to 1914 CE.

---

How can that be? The dates 605 BCE and 537 BCE only give 68 years and not 70 so something is wrong with your history and chronology. Further, if you subtract 2520 years from 1914 you get 607 and not 605 so you re wrong on both counts.

scholar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit