What changes are on the way?

by insearchoftruth 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scholar
    scholar

Vidqun

For this is what Jehovah has said, In accord with the fulfilling of seventy years at Babylon [for Babylon, CSB, ESV, CSBO, NABO] I shall turn my attention to YOU people, and I will establish toward YOU my good word in bringing YOU back to this place. (Jer. 29:10 NW)

---

Your point?

The said scholar has no problem in terms of exegesis as to whether it is 'for Babylon' or 'at Babylon' as it does not affect our interpretation or chronology of the biblical 70 years.

scholar JW

• Gardenia21
    Gardenia21

The New light is in regards to John 5:28 29. They suddenly realized that Jesus was speaking in past tense when he spoke of the resurrected ones being judged on past deeds and practices. Change from their past teaching that judgement would be on deeds during the 1000 years after Armageddon. Also the scripture in Roman's referring to being acquitted from sin at death does not mean all sin. Apparently it does not include one's faithfulness or lack thereof. Sin and faith are the same thing in my opinion. This talk is given by Jeffery Jackson during annual meeting

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@gardenia: so basically leaving the JW = unforgivable sin. That’s nothing new, they’ve been saying that for years based on other scriptures.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

50 New shades of hatred?

• RolRod
    RolRod

They'll sell Kingdom Halls and create MegaHalls and consolidate congregations, like a Megachurch, using Assembly halls.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Scholar, you quote the scriptures I give. Perhaps you should quote some of the Society's scriptures to back up their argument. My dates correspond with the Babylonian Chronicles, a secular source, which in turn corresponds with the Scriptures. Your dates is according to Watchtower. It's a case of Watchtower (and Scholar) being in step while everybody else is out of step. By the way, Jer. 29:10 is important. The 70 years applies to Babylon, not to "my people."

And if you look up the cited scriptures, you will notice there were in total three sieges and five deportations (cf. Jer. 52:27-30). One in 605 (Dan. 1:1, 2), one in Nebuchadrezzar's 7th year (Jer. 52:28), one in his 8th year (2 Kings 24:10-16; 2 Chron. 36:9, 10), one in his 18th year (Jer. 52:29) and one in his 23rd year (Jer. 52:30).

I would say that the Babylonian scribes would have known when Nabopolasar died and Nebuchadrezzar took over the kingship.

Translated chronicles of the Neo-Babylonian Empire appear in the following: C. J. Gadd, The Fall of Nineveh (London: British Museum, 1923); D. J. Wiseman, Chronicles of the Chaldean Kings (625–556 b.c.) in the British Museum (London: British Museum, 1956); A. L. Oppenheim, “The Neo-Babylonian Empire and its Successors,” in ANET; A. K. Grayson, Assyrian and Babylonian Chronicles, Vol. V: Texts From Cuneiform Sources (Locust Valley, New York: J. J. Augustin, 1975).

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Has there been some foreshadowing of consolidation of halls since they seem to be ramping up their multimedia capabilities?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Bloody hell..now i remember why i left this site

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Overlapping stuff

• riblah
    riblah

It's so boring when a thread devolves into two people arguing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit