What changes are on the way?

by insearchoftruth 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I was listening to the CO talk to my wife’s congregation on Sunday and pretty much the complete talk was justifying doctrinal and organizational changes and pretty much preparing the ‘rank and file’ for upcoming changes. Anyone on hear have any insight of what ‘new light’ is coming in the future?

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Anyone on hear have any insight of what ‘new light’ is coming in the future?

Yea---it's back to door to door field service.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

If there are changes, they can just add them to the list of changes that were made from the time I got baptized in 1969 up to this day.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I think they want to realise the cash that they have got tied up in the halls around the world. That been said it’s a case of money vs control.

• asp59
    asp59
    Many country's closing again cause convid. They not gonna go year after year with close KHs or 20 % full halls. Think every " new light" and look how bless we are is gonna be connected too selling KHs and building new media center.
  • Abraham1
    Abraham1

Thev can change 607 BC to 586 which is the actual year of overthrow of Theocracy from Jerusalem, according to all reliable SOURCES INCLUDING JEWISH ENCYCLOPEDIA, and reach 1935 as the end of gentile period.

This is a long-awaited correction which, if done, would prove them to be humble, thus really God’s organization.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Thev can change 607 BC to 586 which is the actual year of overthrow of Theocracy from Jerusalem,

Simply put: 539-70=609, not 586.

• Abraham1
  • Abraham1
    Abraham1

It is Jew's history (not Jesus history). Typing error regretted.

"Babylonians occupied the Land of Israel and exiled the Yehudim (Judeans, or Jews), as captives into Babylon. Some 50 years later, the Persian Empire (ancient Iran) conquered the Babylonian Empire and allowed the Jews to return home to the land of Israel. But, offered freedom under Persian rule and daunted by the task of rebuilding a society that lay in ruins, most Jews remained in Babylon." (https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jews-of-the-middle-east)

See Jew's history says "after 50 years." But

Bible speaks of 70 years (instead of 50 years). Such chronological discrepancies are not unusual in the Bible when much of it was written from a later period. Even book of Genesis was written either during or after Israel's monarchy, shows Genesis 36:31 itself where we find reference to "kings of Israel."

Even JWs own Bible, New World Translation, removed spurious portions such as John 8:2-11. If certain untruth can creep in, it means Chronological inconsistencies too can occur.
  • scholar
    scholar

Fisherman

Simply put: 539-70=609, not 586.

--

Not so for the purpose of accuracy:

537 BCE-70 years= 607 BCE

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit