Finally ready to join the crowd.

by Silent Knight 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Welcome Silent Knight!!!

As goes without saying, my screen name says a lot which led to my concerns and then eventual ''doubts'', slowing down in dub-land, being labelled as weak and fading away.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I am glad you decided to put your programmed fears behind you and have decided to take control back over your own life.

So as a young man, what have you thought of GB Tight Pants Tony saying what clothes you can wear and what you can't? No bright socks. No beards. No individuality.

Welcome to this Board and to your freedom. We were all indoctrinated to be scared when we first woke up but it will pass in time.

• KiwiBoy
    KiwiBoy

Silent Knight you and I could be twins!!!

• Chook
    Chook

You now qualify for the priesthood of apostasy, welcome you've found a new home with unbiased friends, wisdom and love exists here. Don't worry about the elder zealots.

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

Greetings Silent Night!

I was you a few years back with the doubts, anxiety, and lurking. Now, I'm in a nice fade, although I cannot completely break away due to my husband and family still being JWs. But...nobody's perfect. LoL.

So glad youve gotten out and overcome your depression. It's amazing how toxic the JW environment is. All I can say is welcome to the forum and congrats on taking back your life!

• Normalfulla
    Normalfulla

Kia ora SK ,the feeling of someone waking up I can only describe as the opposite of an assembly of applause at a baptism , welcome brother 🤗👍

• smiddy
    smiddy

I must add my welcome to you too S. N., thanks for sharing.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Until last summer when it all finally broke thru and I woke up. I also didn't understand what happen to me next. A crushing depression hit me that almost ended my marriage, that did cause me to loose my job, and caused me to have no sense of direction in life.

That is very much a shared experience and why the internet is so important to cult victims. I lost my job the same time I was disfellowshipped. Being able to know that you are not crazy, and not alone, is important to recovery, and I have no doubt has saved many lives.

• karter
    karter

Welcome hope you stick around.

Karter from down under.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Welcome to the family. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit